• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:40:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 126
Total: 127

Cooler Thursday

Started by wsantia1, July 22, 2021, 09:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Today will be much cooler than recent days have been. It is currently 75 degrees under sunny skies with the high temp forecasted at 83F. More importantly is that the humidity is at 57%.

I just got home from PT where they roughed me up a bit but I'm okay with that since I don't go back until Monday. 

I'm going to take advantage of the cooler air and carefully get some yard work done. As long as I don't bend too much I should be somewhat ok.

Wishing you all a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Lucky you, Willie.  It continues to be hot, steamy, with rain in the afternoons.  We missed the rain yesterday which gave the water a chance to sink into the ground rather than making everything a mucky mess.

I'm finally getting around to doing some of the things that I've been talking about getting to but the damn back would not allow.  My kitchen is en route to becoming sparkling clean.  Since I enjoy doors open until the heat gets too bad for me my crappy white cabinets get mildew growing on them.  I have a lot of cabinets and so far I have most of them cleaned.  I needed to bring my step stool up from the fish room to get to the tops of the higher ones.

I got a little digging of the garden done where I'll planting seeds of mostly wild type flowers.  I said I'd get it done yesterday, like it would be nothing to me like it used to be.  Wrong.  I hope I get it done today but I don't know...I dig a little, sit a little, clean a little then clean a little, etc.    I'll keep it up for as long as I hold up.

I called one of the customers who wanted to bring her dog.  It's the lady with the beautiful Scotty who always tips me way to much and brings me gifts of frozen chicken breasts.  She recommended the crazy Scotty lady to me.  I called her back after I saw my first moon flower in blooming yesterday afternoon.  She gave me the seeds.  She's coming Saturday morning.  She said that her husband offered to lift the dog on the grooming table and from the table to the grooming tub.

I still haven't gotten out of my jammies which is what I'll do next before turning more soil.  They'll go straight into the washing machine since I've gotten them full of sweat.  It really feels good to be getting stuff done, even though it's little stuff.  I know I'll pay for it this afternoon but I can't live just sitting and lying down.  The lawn needs mowing again.  I'm afraid I'll have to just hope that Jack up the road gets to feeling well enough to come on his fancy mower and do it for me.

I talked a little about my pain doctor who was nice the first time but not the second time.  He was very nice yesterday.  He knows that I need my nerves burned (like cooking a chicken said because he knew that I was so in to it and that I knew it would be painless)  It turns out that Medicare has it's own rules and he has no choice but to follow them if they are to pay.  He has to numb the nerves first and see if that last me 3 months, then he has to do it again and see if it lasts for 3 months before he can do the burning thing that he knows will help me for a long time.  He just couldn't do it because I was having an almost pain free morning.  Next time I go I have to say that my pain level is 6.  I'll give it another week or two and when I go in next time I'll say it's 6.  He also explained to me why the stenosis surgery will help only my hip pain.  It won't do anything for my back pain.  It's all very interesting learning about and understanding.  It's just a bitch when I'm learning about it because I'm the one who's suffering the pain.

Have a lovely day every one.  I've been sitting long enough.  Back to work now  :)

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hey Liz. Medicare is a PITA when you need to get things done. Like you said they have their own methods and the doctors have to go along with it otherwise they won't get paid. The only reason I am doing PT is because I need to goes through before I get an MRI otherwise they won't pay for it. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I hope the PT does you some good, or not, as medicare wants it to do wfwf  I'm almost done all the prep of coring and chopping my huge mound of tomatoes to make the tomato sauce I've been talking about making for several days now.  I figured out that I could do it sitting if I used my grooming stool that goes up and down with the touch of a lever.  I'm also using it to scoot around the house ::)  The garden soil is almost half way turned.  I know that with luck it will be tomorrow when I finished and another day before it's raked smooth for planting.  If I persevere I will get it done and planted.  I need to look at some pretty stuff when I sit outside. 

I have never lied to a doctor.  So when I make my appointment with my guy I will ask for it to be in the afternoon.  I'll work as hard as I can so that I will be able to be honest about my pain level.  It's not even 1 o'clock here and I'm already tuckering out.
Always move forward. Never look back.