• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 06:36:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 160
Total: 160

Interesting Wednesday

Started by LizStreithorst, July 21, 2021, 11:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Remember a TV evangelist years ago who was caught by prostitutes who reported him to the news media?  One of them recognized him as the preacher from TV.  She talked to the girls who worked the neighborhood and many of them knew him and said that he was weird.  He would get off by masterbating in front of them.  He came back on TV and cried and cried saying that he had sinned and asked for forgiveness.  Apparently his followers forgave him because he continued preaching.

Well, I'm not crying, but I have sinned today.  I went to the pain doctor and for good or bad I was feeling little pain.  I didn't have enough pain for him to to the procedure he had planned.  My pain level wasn't high enough for Medicare to pay.  He explained to me about the procedure he had planned and showed me what he would do and how it would help.  I really got off on learning.  He could tell.  He would have to do 2 diagnostic procedures involving numbing the nerves before he could burn then.  But he had to send me home until my pain level was 6.  Shame he didn't see me after doing WC at 4 pm when my pain level rose to 8 sometimes I had to head to bed before the chickens went to their tree.

Anyway, back to my sin...I went to the big supermarket in Hattiesburg for Tofu and beer.  Then I checked out their cigar selection and they had 2 excellent ones that I bought.  The liquor store is right next door.  I picked up a small bottle of Grey Goose vodka.  I have sinned, I have sinned, just like that preacher.  I know that I'm only hurting myself, but like the preacher my desires overcame my good sense.  But unlike him I've never promised anyone that I would always do the right thing.  What the hell, I'll die soon enough.  I might as well cater to my comforting bad habits while I'm still above ground.

The sun is actually out now.  I have time enough to work in the flower garden and plant my seeds.  I'm headed not to the fish room to feed my young fry and grow outs lunch.  Then it'll be time to to take my pain meds, get out of my presentable clothes and into cut-offs and a tank top and go outside and have a little fun.

Anything interesting going on with you all?  Tell me a story about it.  I love a good story.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz and everyone. Liz I am a sinner too. mim I've just been good for this moment in time. I really felt like having a stiff drink after yesterday's PT though. I just got busy and my window for drinking closed.  huh

I am supposed to be getting ready for some thorms this afternoon but based on recent forecasts and warnings where nothing materialized I am not sure it's going to happen. We currently have a 60% chance of rain but there doesn't seem to be much accumulation in the forecast.

I'm currently playing around in the fishroom where I moved Ram pair # 2 into a new tank. I can tell the female is ready to spawn again so I moved them into a higher tank so I can work with them better. Unfortunately there are only 2 free swimming fry from their previous spawn but it was their first time.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hello folks...

Liz, I thought I replied to an email you sent me several days ago, and said it would be ok to paste it up here...but when I go looking for it and cannot find it anywhere...

I didn't have this new iPad set up for communicating, but finally have it okay for Mugwumps's now...

Surgery went well. I just had the right knee replaced...but as everyone told me, the rehab would be a bitch, and it is...what no one mentioned is that this would create more issues with my sciatic nerve pain which I'd gotten mostly under control ...just  off phone with my surgeons office...he basically said to back off some on the exercises...and add Tylenol to my meds.. up to 3000 mg a day......so I guess I'll push a little less...let's see what the PT gal says...

Meanwhile, The Fishroom...I'm spending so little time in there ...one evening Lucy and I fed them together (I watched actually) otherwise she's handling that...don't know about water changes though...I've been catching up on all your successes...good on ya!

I do need to get to the computer in there and get some bills paid today or tomorrow...something to look forward to!  ;)

Take care you guys and thank you for keeping me in your thoughts... 8)

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

You did send me that message but it was on my phone and I didn't know how to get it from my phone to my computer.  I'm very stupid with my phone :(

I'm glad you got your laptop able to talk to us here.  We are so few and we have missed you.  I'm sorry you are having a hard time.  I have heard that rehab is a bitch and now I'm hearing it from you.  Are you on gabapentin?  That's what I was prescribed for my nerve pain.  I don't think I could manage without it.

I'm so very happy to have you here with us again.  Pain is a fact of life for all of us here.  Hope you start feeling better soon.  Remember, the fish are not the first on your list.  Your own self is first and everything else comes after.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Liz, Willie and Ron. Just found out why I was out in my yard, sitting in the shade reading, and started feeling kind of sickish.  When I came in I found out my part of NC is under a weather alert for the rest of today and all tomorrow, from particulate matter from the Oregon fires!  And the sky looks a weird color, sunny but instead of blue sky it is gray sun.  I feel better after gertting inside into the AC.  It is hot out there too. I am in the group of people told to stay inside for the next day.  Will do.

Ron, sorry you are in pain, did they give you the ice machine that pumps ice water into a wrap you have on your knee area?  Everyone I know who has had knee replacement has had this for several days after surgery, for pain and swelling.  I don't know the name of it though.
Barb

wsantia1

Ron, glad to see you back on board. Hopefully you will be up and around again soon.

Barb that is the same thing that is here since yesterday. It's from the western fires. It's trying to rain now and hopefully the rain will wash it all away.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.