• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 02:21:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 149
Total: 150

Tis Monday

Started by Barb, July 19, 2021, 03:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi everybody, I have had a very busy last few days, and doing it all in high heat.  Finally rained a bit late yesterday and a lot this morning.  And the high today is only about 78.  Very strange.  But at least rain.    I took an elderly lady friend, to the beach today for lunch and a drive.  She has an ailing husband at home and never gets to go anywhere.  When I asked if she was having fun today, she said she was so anxious to go somewhere she would have been glad to go to the dump and watch rats run around.  Made me laugh for sure, told her I could do way better than that.

Willie, Liz and Ron hope you are all having less painful day today and finding something fun to do.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Hi Barb,  Your friend sounds delightful.

I had to spend most of the last day and a half in bed.  I'm not sure it all that mowing was worth it.  It was great fun to be able to do, though.  Today I'm up and hobbling around fairly well and I have gotten a lot of little things done.  I made about 3 lbs of snello.  It's in cubes in freezer bags now.  I really enjoy making my own fish food.  The snail, shrimp, snots, and most go for it like nobody's business.  Even my tropical fish peck at it.  Even the Discus!  This time I used squash, carrots, peas, garlic, edamame, golden pearls, calcium carbonate, and agar agar to hold it together.  But the recipe depends on the time of year and what veggies are in season.

We keep on having sunshine sometimes and thunder storms sometimes.  Today a storm came while my back was turned for a minute and my bed sheets that I took a chance on hanging out to dry are trying to dry out again.  They'll probably end up spending some time in the dryer, anyway.

I've decided to buy one of those nice walkers with big wheels, a seat, with a back rest.  I don't need one now but I know I'll be needing one eventually.  They're not that expensive.

I think I'll start making tomato sauce now.  It's another fun thing to do.  I don't eat much spaghetti with tomato sauce but it's good in soups, and stews.  I've even used it in bloody mary's and it was good in that, too.

I have another pair of breeding rams.  I'm waiting to see what percentage of blacks they produce since the female is black and the male is gold.

Willie, Ron.  Hope you grace up with your presents and tell us low life is treating you.

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hello Barb, Liz and everyone. Ron, I hope you are starting to feel a little better. It is a hot 88 degrees here with only a 10% chance of rain. It's going to be 90+ again tomorrow. So much for the cold front.

I've been waiting all day for the mail and as of now the mail carrier has not shown up. I am supposed to have 2 pieces of mail today one of which I hope is my San Francisco BBS which has disappeared from the tracking system. The number is there but it left Philadelphia 2 days ago and hasn't been seen since.

I now have a bunch of free swimmers from my first pair of rams and a few free swimmers from my second pair and all I have is freshly hatched Premium BBS.

My problem is that Premium BBS is bigger than San Fran BBS and the fry may not be able to eat it. I still have some of Captain Bob's Egg Foo Young that maybe they will eat.

So in the last week the USPS messed up my microworm culture and now I am waiting for BBS that was sent out Priority Mail last Monday. huh

I had another physical therapy session today and while I was on time I still had to wait 45 minutes before they would see me.

The therapist that was so nice to me for my first session last week was very cold today. Maybe they were having a bad day but I'll need to keep an eye on that.

Otherwise I wish everyone a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Mine ram fry do fine on the normal size BBS.  Don't worry, be happy!
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 19, 2021, 04:57:39 PM
Mine ram fry do fine on the normal size BBS.  Don't worry, be happy!

That's great news Liz. Thanks for that info. I am making perfect BBS in 18 hrs. once again so I am okay now.  |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.