• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 07:52:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 260
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 258
Total: 258

Sunny Saturday

Started by Barb, July 17, 2021, 06:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning Willie and Liz and Ron, ir is already hot and sunny outside at 7:30am.  Another day to be in AC a lot.  But it is OK, just typical summer here.  Still hoping for some rain soon though.  And I have yet to see a frog in my yard.  Not even in or around my pond, something weird is going on.

Hope you all have a good day and have something fun to do!
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. It is already 81 degrees and we are going up to 93 this afternoon. That is a little cooler than yesterday's 98. huh

Thorms are forecasted for this afternoon/evening because of a cold front coming through. As a result of the cold front the high temp will plunge to 83F tomorrow. I am usually great with temps up to about 85F.

I'm going to make a run to the vet for Kobe's food and when I get back more fishroom work which hopefully will include some shrimp tank work. My big issue with the shrimp tanks is that my tap water is too soft making it difficult for my shrimp to molt. I solved that by using remineralized distilled water and haved lost a shrimp for a failed molt since. 

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning my friends.  I was out at 7 this morning having the most lovely mow.  I had great fun and mowed everything that was asking for mowing.  Then I sat outside and enjoyed the results of my work.  I don't hurt much at all but even though I yearn to do.  Every time I do something I see more that I would like to do.  But I have learned to make myself not doing everything I feel like I can do because I'll pay for it over the next few days. 

My humming birds are eating me out of house and home.  I refilled 2 feeders yesterday and another one today.  I love it when the babies show up.  I also had a pair of cardinals babies fledge.  One of the two babies was a little more developed than the other.  The one that was less ready to fledge was not as good at flying but gave it his best try.  It would go to the feeder and ask the mother to feed it which she did.  Then it would fly up in the holly tree and vibrate it's wings and made this sweet little baby sound calling to mom, who would fly into the tree with sunflower seeds to shove down it's gullet.  These birds grow so fast.  They were out again this morning and both babies they were able to do for themselves.

I have another ton of tomatoes that I need to do something with.  I may just make some tomato juice.  Tomorrow I should have enough squash to make another batch of snello for the snots, shrimp and snello.

I have a dozen Assassin Snails that should arrive today.  This was his first time shipping and I gave him instructions on how to do it, but he sent them first class mail rather than Priority.  If they actually do arrive on time they will have been in transit since Monday.  Tracking says that they are still on their way from Atlanta.  They haven't been scanned in to my local post office yet.  I don't know much about shipping snails.  I do hope that they will arrive today and make it here alive.

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hey Liz, I'm glad to hear that you are feeling so good after such an busy morning. Hopefully I start feeling some results from my PT so that I can start more strenuous work around here.

I got assassin snails in the mail once and they also came by first class mail. It was a different post office then (3 years ago) and the weather wasn't as hot. No DOAs.

I got a micro worm culture yesterday that was shipped to me first class mail and the culture was cooked. The little bag he put it in was hot to the touch. I made the batch up anyway but I am very doubtful that anything survived.

Now I'm waiting for my San Francisco BBS eggs to arrive today. Hopefully the heat doesn't ruin them. They were shipped out priority mail on Monday by Brine Shrimp Direct. huh
Willie

LizStreithorst

Your brine shrimp cysts will be fine, Willie.  They're dormant and vacuum sealed so they won't be bothered by long shipping or heat.

My mail has already been delivered to my mail box.  Tracking still says they snails are still in transit from Georgia and that they will still be delivered today.  I have my doubts but we will see.

I just stopped my my neighbor's house and chatted with Judy.  She had a pic line inserted to deliver an antibiotic close to her heart where the blood pumps.  It had to stay in until they found no bacterial growth.  It was 4 weeks before she tested clear.  I could tell that she had been miserable while it was in.  What she said is that she didn't know how bad she felt until it was removed and she felt like normal again.  It's the same with my back pain.  I didn't know how bad it was until the pain lessened enough for me to do things again. 

wsantia1

Well my mail person just came with no cyst. Like you the tracking system says it will be delivered by 9:00 pm today. I'm looking at Monday now.  huh
Willie

LizStreithorst

The BBS cysts will be fine.  I'm not so sure about my snails. 

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 17, 2021, 01:39:21 PM
The BBS cysts will be fine.  I'm not so sure about my snails.

Good luck.
Willie