• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 07:52:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 135
Total: 136

Friday After The Storm

Started by wsantia1, July 16, 2021, 07:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It looks like we had a decent amount of rainfall last night due to a storm that apparently only hit my town according to the news reports. No damage to anything just plenty of rain. I didn't hear a thing as I was so tired that I slept uninterrupted for 7.5 hours. That is great for me.

I have "physical therapy" at 9:30 this morning. I hope it's not like that last few PTs that I've been to where they work with you on the first day or two and then you are on your own. If I wanted that I'd get a gym membership.

When I get back from PT I have lots of work waiting for me in the fishroom. The thing about having "stay in" company is that it takes me away from the fishroom and when I do work down there I get interrupted or I feel rushed if I have to do maintenance.

I did let the girls spend some time down there with we me and I went through a some stuff that was probably over their heads but I did so in response to their questions.

Did I mention that it was going to be another scorching day out there? Stay cool and wishing you all a great day. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Your weather was interesting.  Last night.  It only hit your town.  I'm glad you had a good rest.  I did, too.

I felt good after my afternoon mow so I was able to stay up later than I normally do.  I sat outside and watched the day time pollinators head to bed and the evening pollinators take over.  There's this insect that I think is called a hummingbird bee.  It is the only pollinator works the cleome.  It has a long prodiscus and an even longer tongue that reaches deep in the flower.  They're cool to watch. 

I haven't done a lot today.  I took 6 dozen eggs to my veterinarians.  They're great when it comes to bringing me empty cartons and I know that I do my best for my worthless zoo here.  I hope that after a nap and a good feed I'll be in the mood to tackle more mowing.  I get so much satisfaction to seeing the results of my efforts.  Also helps me see what is long overdue.  In this case it's spraying a lot of round up.  I need to keep privet, morning glory, and other determined plants from taking over where I don't want them to take over.

I hope Ron feels well enough to check in with us later today.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

I had my first PT today. It was mostly an interview followed by some manipulation of my body to stretch me out and then they hooked me up to a massage thing. They explained to me the insurance issues with the MRI. It must be a Delaware thing because I've had MRI's without going the PT before in other states.

Anyway I feel the same but that's a good thing because my back has been somewhat calm for the last week.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie, Liz and maybe Ron.  It is another hot dry day here, no rain in quite awhile,  About 101 degrees with the heat index.  I just had to add a lot of water to my pond, it evaporates so fast in this heat and full sun.  The fish are great though.  When it is a little cooler I also have lots of things to get done in my yard/gardens. I just planned my next get away, July 24 I will have a ferry boat adventure.  Will take one out to Ocrakoke Is, that is 2 1/2 hrs on the ferry, spend the afternoon on the island, then take a different late ferry which is 2 1/4 hrs, back to a different ferry terminal on the  mainland, then a 2 hr drive back home.  Just my kind of day, driving and being  out at sea on a huge ferry and social distancing all in one 14 hr. day.  One great thing about this trip is each ferry ride is only $15!  And my car gets high mpg, so it will be a real fun day for little $$.  And I am taking my own food and drinks since it won't be lunch or dinner time when I am on the island.
Barb