• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 05:18:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 173
Total: 173

A good Wednesday

Started by LizStreithorst, July 14, 2021, 12:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It may be hot and stick and humid as hell with a good chance of yet more rain, but to me it's a beautiful day for me.  My sweet little Tinkster is making a liar out of me again.  Yes, she was well drugged last night but she'd been well drugged for days.  I didn't hear her cough all night (well, once) this morning she woke up with bright eyes and a wagging tail and tootled around outside for a while before I have her her morning heart meds.  This morning I only gave her half the codeine cough suppressant.  She's snoozing again now and I'll have to give her the full dose tonight, but she has bought herself one more day on the right side of the grass.

My grooming customer's husband has to have pre-op stuff done today for his upcoming surgery so she cancelled for now.  So I headed to the feed store early for the horse and chickens.  Did I tell y'all that my horse's food has gone from $16. a bag to $25?  Man, that hurts, but the horse has to eat.  I'll text Arianna to come unload for me when she gets time.  I guess unless it gets a little more bearable out I'll stay inside where it's cool.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning Liz. I am so happy that Tink is doing better. I can only imagine what you have been going through. I don't know if I mentioned that Kobe was diagnosed with a heart murmur and while he is not on meds yet I think it's only going to be a matter of time.

Due to this heat and humidity he has been having a rough time and now he is starting to cough a little. The vet told me to bring him in if he starts coughing. This heat and humidity has really been rough on out furry friends.

On a good note I have free swimming Black Ram fry with another pair sitting on eggs. Another good note is I am able to hatch bbs again although it's the regular premium kind. I am still waiting on the smaller San Francisco variety that is in the mail along with some micro worm cultures.

Liz I took your advise and started to feed bbs to my breeding pairs including Angelfish in an effort to promote spawning behavior. Fingers crossed here.

I guess I should mention it is still hot and humid here. I told the grandkids I will only bring them down in the fall or spring from now on. The last two summer trips have been spoiled by the heat and most of our indoor venues for kids have either closed down permanently or are only open on the weekend due to Covid.

Tonight is the grandkids final night here and I am taking them to Applebees. They like that. They are also behaving really well today for some reason.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good evening Liz and Willie, still hot here, maybe a rain shower coming up I hear.  Thunder a few minutes ago.  I have been taking it easy today, just helped my mom a bit.  Liz glad to hear Tink is a little better today.  Willie I hope Kobe will respond well to his treatment when he needs it.  Hope Ron is doing OK after his surgery.  Either of you hear from him yet?
Barb

LizStreithorst

I haven't heard anything.  Think I should call?  I hate to be an intruder, but I can't help but be concerned.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

I haven't heard anything either. Hopefully he is ok.
Willie

wsantia1

I had an appointment with the ortho doc today. They made me sign an agreement that if I get pain meds from them I couldn't get them from anywhere else and that I could only get up to 90 day worth before I get sent to pain management. I signed it in protest and told them I won't accept any opiods from them, thank you.

I do start another round of physical therapy on Friday and then they will send me for an MRI. They claim medicare and my other insurance won't pay for the MRI before I have physical therapy. I call BS. This is a racket.
Willie