• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 05:24:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 168
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 203
Total: 203

Good Monday afternoon, y'all

Started by LizStreithorst, July 12, 2021, 12:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Hi friends.  What with Ron in hospital and Willie entertaining children it might be just Barb and me here today.  Ron, I'll be thinking about you.  Hope you come out of it with super duper knees.

We've had off and on rain here for several days and it will be like that for several more.  I sent off a couple more boxes of rams this morning.  I'm thinking of putting the pair back together to make more.  They already spawned once in the Discus tank which of course didn't last long.  I'm socking the money away as best I can so I can save up for future medical bills.  These rams have been such a blessing.  I need to refill my LP gas tank and buy more horse feed in the next few days, but except for buying a too expensive cigar today I'm being frugal.

There seems to be little interest in my albino snots.  Anyone here want some for the cost of shipping?  They're just little guys 1 1/2" tops, but they're free to y'all.

I am in great need of serious house cleaning.  I'm going to have to get in the mood later today or tomorrow because I have a dog coming Wed afternoon and the owner wants to wait.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz and everyone. The kiddies are out in the backyard playing in the sprinkler I have set up for them. It is currently 90 degrees out but with the humidity it feels like 101F. I dropped the sprinkler between two large trees so there is plenty of shade for the youngsters.

I will be firing up the grill later on. It's a gas gill so I won't call it BBQ but charred burgers and hotdogs are good enough for me. Yesterday I also made grilled shrimp. I'll have to see if I have any left.

Liz I will be more than happy to pay postage for some albino snots. Let me know how much and when you will send them. Is it not too hot to ship with this heat wave?

Liz after my grandkids head back to NYC I plan to do a good cleaning of the blue shrimp tank and get a count of what I have. Hopefully I'll have enough at a juvenile size to send you some soon.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I expect them to be fine, Willie.  Remember while they are in transit they spend most of their time inside a facility with AC.  Besides I ship them in a styro lined box packed in cellulose insulation.  They should fit in a medium USPS PRIORITY box so shipping will around $15. I think.  Let me know how many you want.  Is it OK if I put off shipping till next Monday?

Barb

Good afternoon Liz and Willie, burning hot outside with high humidity today.  Typical summer here.  I would like some snots Liz, but would they live in my tap water?  And it is way too hot here to ship them now.  These are BNs right?  Jon sent me a couple pairs several years ago and they ended up killing each other, I had them all in one tank.  Could they go in my discus and angel tanks when bigger than 1/2"?

Willie how old are your grandkids?  My children used to love the sprinkler in the summer time, and a long piece of plastic to slide on with the sprinkler spraying on it.

Here is a pic taken of me and my son's new puppy yesterday in his backyard.  His name is Boomer, 13 weeks old, half great dane and half pit bull. He is smart already and sweet too.  They will train him well they say.  He and his 3 siblings were thrown out in the woods like they were garbage, a few weeks ago and a kind person, like Liz, found them and took to a shelter.  Boomer had a foster mom for 2 weeks, a friend of my son.  Anyway Jon and Ali have had him a week today and love him very much already.  Look at his huge feet and long legs!
Barb

LizStreithorst

I think they'd be OK in the heat.  Read what I told Willie.  If not, I can ship more when it cools down.  All you've got to loose is a few bucks in shipping.  Let me know what you decide.  Give them some hiding places and they should be fine with your Discus.They should be fine in your hard water.  From what I understand they don't care about hardness.  You might want to Google around so see if you can find info to the contrary.  How many do you want? 

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 12, 2021, 01:59:50 PM
I expect them to be fine, Willie.  Remember while they are in transit they spend most of their time inside a facility with AC.  Besides I ship them in a styro lined box packed in cellulose insulation.  They should fit in a medium USPS PRIORITY box so shipping will around $15. I think.  Let me know how many you want.  Is it OK if I put off shipping till next Monday?

That will be great Liz.
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on July 12, 2021, 02:06:25 PM
Good afternoon Liz and Willie, burning hot outside with high humidity today.  Typical summer here.  I would like some snots Liz, but would they live in my tap water?  And it is way too hot here to ship them now.  These are BNs right?  Jon sent me a couple pairs several years ago and they ended up killing each other, I had them all in one tank.  Could they go in my discus and angel tanks when bigger than 1/2"?

Willie how old are your grandkids? My children used to love the sprinkler in the summer time, and a long piece of plastic to slide on with the sprinkler spraying on it.

Here is a pic taken of me and my son's new puppy yesterday in his backyard.  His name is Boomer, 13 weeks old, half great dane and half pit bull. He is smart already and sweet too.  They will train him well they say.  He and his 3 siblings were thrown out in the woods like they were garbage, a few weeks ago and a kind person, like Liz, found them and took to a shelter.  Boomer had a foster mom for 2 weeks, a friend of my son.  Anyway Jon and Ali have had him a week today and love him very much already.  Look at his huge feet and long legs!
Barb

Barb they are 8 and 4 years old. The 4 year old act more mature than the 8 year old. huh
Willie

Barb

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 12, 2021, 02:33:51 PM
I think they'd be OK in the heat.  Read what I told Willie.  If not, I can ship more when it cools down.  All you've got to loose is a few bucks in shipping.  Let me know what you decide.  Give them some hiding places and they should be fine with your Discus.They should be fine in your hard water.  From what I understand they don't care about hardness.  You might want to Google around so see if you can find info to the contrary.  How many do you want?

OK I will risk the heat. How many are you offering?  Would 8 or 10 be too many?  I will paypal you later.

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on July 12, 2021, 06:41:27 PM

OK I will risk the heat. How many are you offering?  Would 8 or 10 be too many?  I will paypal you later.

Liz a 6 pack would be nice if you have enough.
Willie

LizStreithorst

8 or 10 is fine Barb.  I've never used the medium box before so I'll see how many it can fit.

Willie, would you like more if more will fit?

Oh, Ron!  I promise these won't be gone by the time you're ready for some.  When I fall for a fish I just breed the crap out of them.  I'm trying to whittle down the multitudes I have. 

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 12, 2021, 07:31:47 PM

8 or 10 is fine Barb.  I've never used the medium box before so I'll see how many it can fit.

Willie, would you like more if more will fit?

Oh, Ron!  I promise these won't be gone by the time you're ready for some.  When I fall for a fish I just breed the crap out of them.  I'm trying to whittle down the multitudes I have.

Liz, I will gladly take what you can fit in the box. Thanks very much.
Willie