• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 10:05:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 176
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 172
Total: 174

Saturday check in

Started by Barb, July 10, 2021, 06:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning friends, it is sunny and calm now, but late last night there was one heck of a thunder and lightening storm here.  One of the scary kind, some rain fell too.  This was unrelated to Elsa who had been gone for a day from here.  I went to check out the beach yesterday, most of it is still there.  Some had washed back out to sea, but it looked fine.  They had the red flags flying, high dangerous surf and very windy.  I only stayed a little while, not my favorite conditions to be out there.

Hope you all have a good day/weekend!
Barb

LizStreithorst

Hi Barb, and later the 2 gentlemen.  Barb, I'm glad you made it safely though the storm.  I know how stressed out you get...

I got my box of fish sent off.  Another box that I sent last Tuesday is late but I assured the guy that if they arrived dead I'd send him more.  USPS has been so good lately, but there's always a risk when using Priority.  I have 2 more groups of 8 going out Monday.  I've already cut the styro for the boxes.  It has become so easy since I started cutting the styro on the grooming table rather than on my hands and knees in the fish room.

The Ram pair spawned in the Discus tank last night.  I'd love to give them a love nest but I have 3 spawns growing out already.  There does seem to be an endless demand for these Pitch Blacks.

I mowed the front yard yesterday and got a rock peck in the eye.  It hurt but I could still see.  Last night it hurt quite a bit while I was sleeping.  I looked at it in the mirror this morning and the whites of my eye is now the red of my eye.  It's no biggie.  It will heal.

We had rain yesterday afternoon and more earlier this morning, but it's not too much.  It's a good day to have my home made tomato sauce simmering on the stove.  I put lots of my home grown garlic in it.  It smells so good in the house that it's making me hungry.

Hope you all have a lovely day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hi everyone. I couldn't check in yesterday because as might be expected the traffic was brutal driving up to NYC and back. It took me 8+ hours to do that and then I had a handful with the grandkids. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.