• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 08:50:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 163
Total: 163

Goodbye Elsa Friday

Started by wsantia1, July 09, 2021, 05:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. We got a lot of rain during the overnight but not too much wind so in my area we are in pretty good shape this morning. How about you Barb?

I've got to clean my house a bit before my grandkids come tomorrow but it's not in that bad of a shape and it doesn't need to be spotless for them so I'll be ok.

The sun is supposed to come out this morning but by this afternoon we will probably get hit with some storms from the west. I guess I won't be watering anything today.

Wishing you all a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good morning Willie, glad to hear you did fine in the storm.  All is well here, blue sky and sun this morning.  Yesterday was a full 12 hrs. of wind and rain, but none of it was terrible, I have been through waaaay worse storms dozens of times here.  My garden really needed all the rain, and looks nice this morning.  The pond is clearer from all the fresh water that poured into it all day.  I have my patio and surrounding areas of the pond, all decorative gravel,  directed right into the pond for rain. But nothing else, no soil or ferts, or anything bad, just the rain goes into it.  Designed it that way.   When it overflows I have the water directed into my french drains that take it right out of my yard and into a big pond behind my lot.  Works great.

Thinking of a drive to the beach today to check out the sand there.  Storm erosion is always a huge problem. hope all the renourished beaches are still there. They just did them in recent months, great cost, and everyone knows Mother Nature will take the sand right back out to sea sooner or later.   I will let you know.  Have a good day everyone!
Barb

LizStreithorst

They say we won't get rain here, but by the looks of things we may catch a small storm or shower.  I've got laundry hanging again, but if it starts to rain I can bring it in and stick it in the shower.

I want to get my tomato sauce going but I haven't done anything toward that goal other than clean the kitchen.  Yesterday's meal was so delicious that I have to make it again today.  It's called Bang Bang Chicken but I used deep fried tofu instead.  WOW!

I should make a box for the fish I'm sending out tomorrow, but I'm having a hard time getting in the mood.  I sold another auction yesterday and the guy said he'd pay right away but hasn't yet.  No biggie if he doesn't buy.  I'll put the auction up again and somebody else will get them.

Well...I think I'll be lazy for a while longer and get the chicken's their treat ready and sit out side and watch them go for it when I scatter it for them.  It's strange that such silly birds can give me so much pleasure just watching them do their silly chicken things.
Always move forward. Never look back.