• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 02:31:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 124
Total: 125

Happy Wednesday Folks

Started by LizStreithorst, July 07, 2021, 10:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Hi guys.  I've been out pulling weeds and organizing my veggie garden.  After my first pain shot I was able to spray Round Up out there, but it has been so neglected otherwise that it needed a lot of weed pulling as well.  It's hot and humid as hell but the soil is soft and we are supposed to have rain later and all during the week.  The time for getting it done is here.  I pulled my old corn and beans and I'm going to scatter some zinnia seeds there.  The garden is close to the house but camouflaged because I grow my pot there.  Nobody will see the zinnias but me but I'm sure they will bring me joy.

I can't believe how well my garden has produced this year.  I'm going to have to make tomato sauce with all the 'maters I've been picking.  My thyme died but all the other herbs are going great guns.  I picked a couple of nice big green peppers this morning.  I'm having Indian red curry tofu for dinner today but tomorrow it will be stuffed peppers.

Hope you all are doing well and staying dry.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Liz, glad your garden is doing well!  Enjoy your veggies, I have tiny tomatoes, the size of a small green grape. So cute.  they are the smallest variety I have ever seen or grown.  Today I am battening down my hatches, it started raining awhile ago, the way outer bands of Elsa is getting here.  Tonight and tomorrow will be no fun for me, but at least my dry garden and lawn will get plenty of water.  Will let you know tomorrow how it is going.  Willie, batten your hatches too, but Ron you don't need to,  :D
Barb

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz and Barb. It is 95 degrees here at the moment. The temps have climbed up above the projected 92F. With only a 15% chance it doesn't look like we are going to get rain today. Tomorrow the rain chance increases to 50%. We certainly need it.

My wigglers are free swimming and I hope they are finding food in the mulm and Java moss because my BBS spawns are not working. I guess my shrimp eggs have gone bad. >:(  I order a new batch of eggs that I hope to have in a couple of days. huh

While I'm waiting I hope they will eat some of the frozen bbs  that I have in the freezer from the last time I had a spawn. ::)

Wishing you all a better day than I am having. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 07, 2021, 02:53:09 PM
Good afternoon Liz and Barb. It is 95 degrees here at the moment. The temps have climbed up above the projected 92F. With only a 15% chance it doesn't look like we are going to get rain today. Tomorrow the rain chance increases to 50%. We certainly need it.

My wigglers are free swimming and I hope they are finding food in the mulm and Java moss because my BBS spawns are not working. I guess my shrimp eggs have gone bad. >:(  I order a new batch of eggs that I hope to have in a couple of days. huh

While I'm waiting I hope they will eat some of the frozen bbs  that I have in the freezer from the last time I had a spawn. ::)

...good going on the free-swimmers...I'd be willing to bet you don't lose too many if there is a good bunch of mulm...that's what they feed on in the wild...You can also use hard boiled egg yolk...I've done that before...I just get a small jar, fill about half way with aquarium water and mush the yolk into it and shake the daylights our of it and pour into the fry tank...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...today I'm getting the rest of my surgery checklists in order to be prepared to go and come home...practicing with the walker to see how to get into my fishroom - #3 priority...#1 is the bedroom and #2 is the bathroom! :D

...the fish buddy that came by last night brought me some reticulated SAEs... like SAEs, RSAEs are exceptional BBA feeders...He also brought me some anubias and Crypts that definitely not in the same tank with the fish...they have BBA...so the fish and the plants will be going into the same tank for awhile at least!... ;)

...I need to get going to get things ready for the club meeting Sunday...

...been thinking about you east coasters,,,hope you don't have too much problem with the hurricane...My Sister was at their beach house in SC and they are on the way back to VA so they don't get caught in it...

...keep on trucking folks...! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 07, 2021, 04:13:20 PM

...good going on the free-swimmers...I'd be willing to bet you don't lose too many if there is a good bunch of mulm...that's what they feed on in the wild...You can also use hard boiled egg yolk...I've done that before...I just get a small jar, fill about half way with aquarium water and mush the yolk into it and shake the daylights our of it and pour into the fry tank...

I'm boiling some eggs now. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 07, 2021, 05:07:23 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on July 07, 2021, 04:13:20 PM

I'm boiling some eggs now. lol
|^| |^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron