• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 03:21:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,299
  • Total Topics: 18,524
  • Online today: 133
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 148
Total: 148

Good Tuesday Afternoon

Started by wsantia1, July 06, 2021, 11:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Hi everyone. It looks like we are at the beginning of another heat filled day here. It's already 88 degrees and we will get up to 93 before the sun sets this evening.

I watered my flowerbeds and tomatoes this morning but I am sure I will have to water them again later on today if it doesn't rain. While watering the tomato plants I counted 6 little green ones. These are supposed to be beef steak tomatoes and I have no idea what that means. huh

My Ram spawn is not free swimming yet but I can see them huddled up in several black clumps on the clay dish with the father watching over them. Hopefully a little later on today some will take off. I see a couple trying to get out of the dish now.

I just finished fixing the light above my shower. When I tried to change out the bulb last week it broke off in the socket. The was not that easy of a fix mainly because it is a 9 foot ceiling and I had to get a ladder in and out of the shower without scratching anything up.

Another problem I had was that none of the breakers specifically identified the bathroom. 5 of the breakers were labeled "General Lighting" so I turned them all off. They also turned off my computer and a bunch of other stuff I had going on. huh Luckily for me the basement is on different circuits.

Well so far it's been a busy day and soon I will be having a light lunch. Wishing you all a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie, yes a busy day for you!  Don't you hate when a bulb breaks off like that?  Have had that happen to me.  My great room smoke alarm is at the ceiling height, which is 10' high, I need to use my 6' ladder and get way up on it.  Always have a phone in my pocket when I climb a ladder and try to do it infrequently! I have had 2 falls off ladders in past years, and I sure can't ever do that again.

Very hot here today too, and now we in NC wait to see what Elsa has in store when she comes across NC on Thursday.  Could be not bad or could be bad.  Rain is fine, wind not fine at all.  You may get her later in the week.  Hi Liz and Ron, and yes I did see friends on July 4th, turned out to be a very nice day for me with several good adventures in my car that day to several places.  I love to travel and drive so will do a lot of it.  Did about 200 mi. driving July 4.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Willie, the rams seem to take forever to free swim. 

I sent off my two boxes of fish and have sent the buyers their tracking numbers.  I swear, the buyers on AB are almost always such nice people.  In all the years I've been selling there only 1 has been a butt hole. 

We had a bit of rain today.  I don't know if it's from the hurricane or not.  I wouldn't mind if we had more.

The humming birds have been sucking me dry.  Their kids have fledged.  People say that they have never seen a baby humming bird but I see them here.  They are exactly the same as the adults just littler.  I can always tell when I see them find the feeder for the first time.  They hover, feeding off it forever.  They really tank up.  I have lots of flowers that they can suck on but once I've gotten them full of sugar water they will have the energy to check out natural sources nectar at their leisure.  I love having hummers.  I get all excited when they first arrive in the spring and morn when they leave in the fall.

It's 2:30 and I have nothing that  have to do except for WC at 4.  Now that my body is feeling better I need to make it get up and do things that are physical but don't hurt.  I really do need to spray more round up along the fence rows where I have my Iris and Glads.  Virginia Creeper, Poison Ivy and Privet would take over if I didn't have Round Up.  It's not just weeds and grasses.  Maybe I'll get on it in the morning.  The longer I put it off the faster it will get worse than I know it is.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Hi Barb.  We posted at the same time but you were first.  I will for sure be sending you some of Gladys' Iris bulbs this winter.  Every time I look at the poor thing all crowded in to a tiny space I feel guilty.  The bulbs may be small because they have been so overcrowded.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...technically i'ts morning for you guys back there!...but it's still Tuesday here...

...went to get a back brace this morning...they took me in a patient room...the guy filled out some paperwork after asking me some questions, then told me it would be up to an hour because they had to get permission from the insurance to fit me up for the brace....so I sat out in the car for almost an hour...got a text from my office tank that the auto feeder isn't working properly, that it was letting out too much food...so I went in and told the lady at the desk to call me when they get work from insurance...I went over and reset the feeder...still nothing from the brace people...so I came on home...they will call me when they get clearance...I'll go after I'm able to walk well...

...spent another portion of the day picking up a walker and other items I will need at the Goodwill store...so I think I'm all set with equipment...

...we taped off the glass on a 5' long framed picture of 3 separate ferns so we could spray paint the frame...and sprayed it today...It will go on the #2 Hawaii wall although it didn't actually come from there....it will look really good...

...a fish friend came by tonight and brought me some plants and fish that will go in tanks tomorrow...right now they are in buckets...after he left we watched the Phoenix Suns beat the Bucks in the first of the championship series...I'm not much of a basketball fan but do like to watch the playoffs, especially when the local team is playing...

...Good luck with the hurricane over there folks...batten down the hatches... :-\
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron