• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 12:50:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 151
Total: 151

Monday Monday

Started by Barb, July 05, 2021, 06:43:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning friends!  I got to see a pretty good fireworks display(s) right from my backyard last night.  Several people in my neighborhood had them and lots were shot up high.  And no firecrackers thank goodness.  My cats ignored all the noise from the things being shot off.  Also watched fireworks on TV, some good displays.

I want to do some yardwork today before it gets up to 90.  Only 68 right now.   We may get some of Elsa here later this week, I will take the rain but can do without the wind.   Hope you all have a good day!
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. It will be a little bit warmer with temps getting into the high 80s but still and great weather day overall.

Not much on the agenda so I'll probably just catch up on my rest a little. I will be in the fishroom a lot later today as I'm waiting for my baby rams to start free swimming. Over the weekend I pulled all of the other rams out of the 40B so all I have in that tank is the parents and fry.

I have some bbs getting ready but I've been having trouble getting a good hatch rate out of these eggs. I got the eggs in late January and they've been in the fridge so they should be hatching. huh I may just have to give them more time.

Wishing you all a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...hi guys and gals....it's 94 right now and going to 103...mostly cloudy...looks like it may have sprinkled last night...Friday night it rained about an hour and I went out and sat on the carport for a little bit and watched it...

...Yesterday we went to get subs for lunch and a sundae afterwards and last night we had hot dogs and hamburgers at the clubhouse with a guitarist playing in the background...about 110 people came to this one, so it look like more ppl are getting out now...

...our Granddaughter Emery, became engaged last night over in Honolulu...she was there with her boyfriend's family for vacation...we knew it was going to happen but she didn't...her Mom, Jen, flew over Yesterday morning to be there...she's coming back today...so during our dinner we got a Facetime call and had a good visit with the happy couple...they have brought both families close together...

...yesterday I took down a TV that is not hooked up in the game room and hung it on a wall in our patio area...we're going to hang some new photographic art that we brought back from Hawaii on the now-empty wall...this will be our second "Hawaii Wall" displaying our mementos...I'll post a pic of our first one...

...Way to go, Willie, on the rams,...this may have many ramifications for you...yuk, yuk, yuk!...Liz has taught you well...I'll give them a go after my surgeries are over and I can move around adequately...

...Liz your chicken stories continue to crack me up and I love retelling them!...

...and, Barb, did you get to see your friends yesterday?...

...Lucy has gone to get her nails done so I guess I'll go out and set up the patio TV with the Amazon Fire we bought for it several months ago... huh

...you guys have a great day whatever you're doing...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Willie, I get my Brine shrimp cysts from Brine shrimp direct.  I keep them in the freezer and pour a half cup of so into a small air tight container for hatching.  I keep those for a long time in the hot fish room and I get an excellent hatch rate.

It's pretty warm out there today but earlier I had a nice visit with Jack and Judy up the road.  They have a lovely patio with ceiling fans that has a view of all their flowers and bird feeders in their back yard.  It was a lovely visit.  I'd been wanting to visit but my body wouldn't let me do anything except what was necessary.

I sold another ram auction yesterday so I have 2 boxes going out tomorrow.  I should have the boxes made already but since I've been cutting the styro on my grooming table rather than in the fish room on my hands and knees.  I have nothing important tomorrow so I think I'll put it off until morning and be lazy today.

I went to the Corner Market for this and that then to the fruit stand for some fancy but expensive Conecuh bacon. Once you taste it nothing else will do.  While I was there I saw a still photographer taking pics of where I was standing to pay.  I apologized for being in the way and he said that I was exactly what he wanted there.  I asked what publication he was working for and he said that he was with WDAM, our local NBC affiliate.  When I told him that my husband worked there for years he asked his name and he came and gave me a hug when I said Larry Johnson.  They were good friends.  He loved Larry and came to the house many times to help him with new computer stuff.  After a bit of conversation I remembered him.  What a wonderful thing!  It had been over 20 years since Larry retired.  He said that he will come visit.  I hope he does.

I'm not going to do anything productive for the rest of the day except eat lunch/dinner.  For once it's not due to inability.  It's because I feel like it.  Life is good.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Well, hey Ron.  We must have been typing at the same time.

Congrats to Emery and the entire family.  How wonderful that she has brought 2 families together.

That damn chicken who laid her eggs in the car decided to go broody there.  She'd been in the same spot behind the passenger seat all day yesterday.  I cannot drive around and park in the heat with a chicken in the car so I picked her up and threw her out.  She was not pleased.  I'll have to keep all the windows and the hatch back closed so she won't be able to come back in.  Chickens are hard do dissuade once they get their minds set on a place.  I hope she doesn't scratch the finish on the Peamite too much trying to find her way back in.

LizStreithorst

Huge congrats on the wigglers, Willie.  It seems to me that it take almost forever for the Ram fry to free swim because I'm used to Discus fry that have smaller mouths and depend on their parents slime to feed them for the first 3 to 5 days until they can eat BBS.

I'm happy that you moved the pair to a 40.  It's a great size tank for grow-out.  The parents should be able to stay and watch over the kids until they decide to spawn again.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 05, 2021, 01:28:41 PM
Well, hey Ron.  We must have been typing at the same time.

Congrats to Emery and the entire family.  How wonderful that she has brought 2 families together. ... Thank you!...they have been dating since they started to school there and their family is a great one!...

That damn chicken who laid her eggs in the car decided to go broody there.  She'd been in the same spot behind the passenger seat all day yesterday.  I cannot drive around and park in the heat with a chicken in the car so I picked her up and threw her out.  She was not pleased.  I'll have to keep all the windows and the hatch back closed so she won't be able to come back in.  Chickens are hard do dissuade once they get their minds set on a place.  I hope she doesn't scratch the finish on the Peamite too much trying to find her way back in..... :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 05, 2021, 01:48:42 PM
Huge congrats on the wigglers, Willie.  It seems to me that it take almost forever for the Ram fry to free swim because I'm used to Discus fry that have smaller mouths and depend on their parents slime to feed them for the first 3 to 5 days until they can eat BBS.

I'm happy that you moved the pair to a 40.  It's a great size tank for grow-out.  The parents should be able to stay and watch over the kids until they decide to spawn again.

Thanks Liz. I'm thinking that the 40b will give the fry more room to grow and me more room to work to keep it clean. It will be much more forgiving than the smaller tanks as far as water parameters are concerned.
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 05, 2021, 01:20:18 PM
Willie, I get my Brine shrimp cysts from Brine shrimp direct. 

Liz I get my Brine Shrimp from them too. I'm going to freeze them like you do. I'm using the San Francisco cysts because they are supposed to be smaller.
Willie