• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 07:03:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,309
  • Total Topics: 18,528
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 91
Total: 91

Hot sunny Saturday

Started by LizStreithorst, July 03, 2021, 09:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good morning friends.  I'm happy to report that I feel much much better today, just stiff because I haven't been able to move around much until now.

All we ever got from the BIG RAIN predicted for yesterday was a nice gentle off and on drizzle all day.  The 4th will be nice here, just very hot.

My dear neighbor Jack just rode down an his fancy riding mover and having at my yard.  It's a good thing because it's been 2 1/2 weeks since I mowed it.  It had grown pretty tall and thick.  It would be slow going for my little push mower.

I called the vet for a refill for Tink's Lasix but I can't go until the chicken leaves my car after she lays an egg.  Never in my life have I had chickens as strange and as much fun as these Bielefelders of mine.

Hope everyone has a nice day, not rained out, and not boiling hot.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning Liz and everyone. It is a pretty nice day here with the temp already at the high point o75 degrees under partly cloudy skies. I was supposed to rain off and on all day but now the forecast call for only a 20% chance of rain this afternoon.

I'm not doing much at all right now but in a little while I will go get 60 pounds of ice for another event at the neighbor's house. I'd rather buy the ice than cook a dish. Once again I don't know how long I will stay but it won't be as long as last time because I have too many things to do including getting some more sleep.

Wishing everyone a great day and a Happy 4th weekend.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...it's a nice 100F day here with a little bit of cloud cover...and really high 29% humidity...but no rain forecasted...

...went to a walk-in lab this morning to get blood draw for the surgery...waited about an hour...I should have gone yesterday because I feel like I took up someone's place who might only have Saturdays off to do this kind of thing...I'll try to be more responsible next time...
...then I went by 2 different physical therapy places to get set up for post surgery rehab and they were both closed on Saturdays and Sundays!...guess I will take care of that Tuesday...

...no plans for the holiday except to go to our community picnic tomorrow...there are 90+ signed up for it so far...we'll have a musician with a guitar there that has been here before and ppl liked him...I haven't been to any of his events, so I'm going by the ppl's comments!...

...I'm doing WCs and top offs on my small tanks this afternoon...Lucy is in her craft room, making cards with a new set of implements (don't know what else to call them...I guess cutting dies and stamps...might be a good afternoon to spend an hour at the pool since it's "cool" today... :P

...all you all have a good day!..
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi Willie, Liz and Willie, Happy 4th of July, a day early.  It is just hot and dry here, still waitng for some rain.  The beetles love this weather.  I may have to spray them. I picked over 100 off a few bushes awhile ago.  My pond is green again. wfwf .

This is my first July 4th in my whole life to be alone.  Tomorrow I am taking a long drive to a lovely botanic gardens, mostly in shade, and will have a picnic lunch there.  Then stop to visit a friend and her family on the way home.  WC's coming up here in a bit, after I take my mom out for dinner.  I guess I am not alone, I do have others to do things with don't I?

Hope you all have a good eve today and good days tomorrow,
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on July 03, 2021, 03:51:17 PM
Hi Willie, Liz and Willie, Happy 4th of July, a day early.  It is just hot and dry here, still waitng for some rain.  The beetles love this weather.  I may have to spray them. I picked over 100 off a few bushes awhile ago.  My pond is green again. wfwf .

This is my first July 4th in my whole life to be alone.  Tomorrow I am taking a long drive to a lovely botanic gardens, mostly in shade, and will have a picnic lunch there.  Then stop to visit a friend and her family on the way home.  WC's coming up here in a bit, after I take my mom out for dinner. I guess I am not alone, I do have others to do things with don't I?

Hope you all have a good eve today and good days tomorrow,
Barb
...it looks like you certainly do!... ;)  Thinking about you!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron