• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 05:25:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 119
Total: 119

Friday First Here

Started by Barb, July 02, 2021, 06:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning everybody, I just saw that Del, MD and VA have had bad weather over night. Willie, are you OK?  I will have to check on my relatives in the same area.  Hope you are all OK.  Here we may get some rain later today, fireworks locally tonight have all been canceled. 

I am battling Japanese Beetles in my gardens now.  They are awful, Liz to you have them too?  I am trying not to use insecticides, since I don't want to kill the good bugs out there.  So I am picking them off and putting in soap water.  Mainly they eat my roses, Rose of Sharon trees and Crepe Myrtle leaves and blooms.  Got several hundred bugs yesterday alone.

What do you have planned for this weekend?  I will be home except for Sunday when I am taking a day long trip.  You all stay well no matter what your plans.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good morning Barb and later the rest of the gang.

Barb, people in other parts of Mississippi battle Japanese Beetles but believe it or not I have yet to see one here.  We should have them what with our heat and humidity, but thank God, we don't.  (so far).  Felder was just talking about them on the radio.  He said that if they are overwhelming you can spray Pyrethrin late in the evening when the pollinators have already gone to bed.  It does a good job on the beetles but it will break down by the time the pollinators come back the next morning.

I feel like I'm a glutton for punishment or something.  I've been feeling more and more pain every day since Monday when I was out of Tramadol.  I went through the cupboard several times and never saw it among all those bottles of Gabapentin that Humana sends me at one time.  This morning I opened a new bottle of Gabapentin and what did I see right behind it but full month's supply of Tramadol.  I can't believe that I missed it, but I did.  I feel somewhat better after just taking one but I expect it will be a day or two before I feel up to having a good mow.  I could shoot myself for putting myself through all this misery.

They say that we will get lots of good rain today starting around noon.  They didn't say that when I went out to water early yesterday morning.  I'm still glad I watered.  There were several beautiful ripe tomatoes in the garden when I went to check the garden earlier and there was no hint of any ripening yesterday.  My soil can absorb lots of water so if we get more it will be fine.

I hope to get something done today even if it's just house cleaning.  It will all depend on how soon enough of the pain drug gets in my system.

Stay well, everyone. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Barb. Liz and everyone. I'm just finishing up my water changes. I am always better at doing them in the morning. I'm basically no good in the fishroom if I start after noon.

Liz I finally got a spawn from one of the female rams you sent me. The pair are in a 40 breeder along with another possible pair and an extra female. The pair is guarding the eggs really well but I am prepared to step to yank the others out.

The rain was wild last night. We even had a tornado hit around 25 miles south of me. I did get a power surge that killed a 36 inch LED light I had over a couple of shrimp tanks. It was a good thing that I had an extra one still new in the box.

We are having off and on showers through tomorrow evening. I turned my sprinklers off for the next 72 hours.

Wishing you all a great day. Have to get my BBS setup ready once again.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...while we were in HI the temps here were around 117-119 I think...It's cooler now and will only get to 103 today, but we do have overcast and the humidity is higher at 20%...I miss the sunshine...     I hope you guys are doing okay with your storms....

...I miss the crepe myrtles, Barb...such a lovely tree/shrub...out here the bougainvilleas have terminal flowers and they remind me of them...

...Tramadol is helping me so far, Liz... but I'm just 2 doses into it...

...Willie, I find that if I put off my WCs until after dinner, like I did yesterday, it gets moved to the next day...I do best at getting them done in the morning or afternoon...

...speaking of WCs, I think I'll do the 125 tetra tank now...bye-bye :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron