• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 11:42:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 207
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 149
Total: 149

Refreshed Tuesday

Started by wsantia1, June 15, 2021, 07:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I feel well rested and pain free and I am ready to tackle this beautiful day.

Thunderstorms roared through last night and except for Kobe jumping on the bed looking for a safe place I slept like a baby.

We are currently at 69 degrees and will be topping out at 80 degrees this afternoon. The humidity level is at 90% right now but with winds starting to come in from Canada the humidity levels will begin to drop soon.

I am going to finally move my yellow shrimp into a larger tank. I have a 10 gallon tank ready to go but I probably would be better off moving them into a 20G. huh  The 10 gallon would be a much easier move though.  huh

Hope you all have a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

'Morning Willie.  I knew that you'd be full of piss and vinegar by this morning.  when you need rest nothing makes you better than rest.  I know this well.  Due to my condition I find myself needing 11 to 12 hrs of bed rest every day.  It's so embarrassing to me that even saying it to my friends here makes me want to blush.  It is certainly not what I would prefer.

I woke up a little beat from working so hard on the Peamite yesterday.  But I made myself get going and now I feel better although I know that I'll have to take it easy today.  By 9 I had done a good cleaning and 80% WC on the 4 house tanks.  All I have to do later is tidy the house as it kind of in a mess and I have a dog coming tomorrow.  I feel a great need to do another WC on my Discus pair's tank so I'll be heading to the pet store later to pick up 10 gallon's of Ken's RO.  I'll have to call first to see if he has that much made up.

Ron, I trimmed some of the plants you sent that I had planted in my shrimp tanks.  I put the cut pieces in an empty 5 gallon and am waiting for them to develop roots.  I've never done this before so I have no idea if I'm doing things right.  I'll have to take pics of the plants so you can tell me what they're called.

Barb, I know that you're enjoying your small vacation.  Thanks for the recommendation on Zinnias.  Felder suggested something called Texas Star Flower.  It's a type of Hibiscus.  I'll try both.

Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

My dog won't come until Thursday at 11 which gives me time to tidy.  I'll have to get going real early in the morning to bag those 100 Rams for the wholesaler, though.

I just got back from the pet store.  Twee was alone so I told her that I could do it myself if she showed me where it was.  She kept asking if I needed a buggy from the supermarket down the way.  I said no.  As I carried my first 2 gallons to the Peamite.  I must have said no very forcefully that time because I made her customer laugh and Twee let me do it.

As I was finishing up, her best employee Tina was back from lunch.  We had a long chat.  Tina has back problems similar but less severe than mine.  She's only in her 30's.  She said that hers was due to her abusive ex husband who dragged her down the driveway and her lower back got banged on the curb.  I told her that I left my guy in Mobile because I knew that the emotional abuse would soon turn in to physical abuse.  It was an excellent discussion and we all became closer.

My 10 gallons is now in a water storage container with a bubbler and a heater.  After a bite to eat and a bit more rest I'll do WC on the pair and take a flat on my back break before it's time for WC for the rest of the fish in the fish room.  I can't wait until tomorrow when 100 of those breeding age rams will be gone and I'll have empty tanks. 

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 15, 2021, 10:00:19 AM
Ron, I trimmed some of the plants you sent that I had planted in my shrimp tanks.  I put the cut pieces in an empty 5 gallon and am waiting for them to develop roots.  I've never done this before so I have no idea if I'm doing things right.  I'll have to take pics of the plants so you can tell me what they're called.
...first off, an empty tank won't work!...you need to have water in it if you want the plants to grow...!!!! :P :P :P
...assuming you do have water in the tank, if they are stem plants (I don't remember what I sent...sorry), put in some substrate and stick the cut ends in it. ...I like to have at least 2" of substrate so the plants can be pushed way down in and there is a better chance of them staying in it...If you send pics I can say more maybe...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...hello there folks...

...Just got back from a CT scan on my knee so the doc and mfr can size it up for the replacement...I've been doing a bunch of things to get ready for the new knee and the PT afterwards...

...I've also been cleaning up the fish room gradually each day...and doing a little bit of re-organizing in it...I have this tall thin cart on casters that I'm starting to use more for storing/organizing the daily used things like foods, ferts, nets and such...I'm going to hinge a flat board on top of it to use as a small table/prep area...I think I'd like to use a polypropylene cutting board for that...that can be done after our vacation...we leave the house here at o-dark-30 Thursday morning... ::)

...gotta go now...you guys take it easy and happy aquariuming!!!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

That's what I needed to know, Ron.  They are indeed stem plants.  I'll add some gravel and stick them in it.  Thanks for the info.  Eventually I'd like to get rid of my Jungle Val and replace it with these.  They seem easy enough to care for.  Heck, even I can grow them.