• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 02:24:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 176
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 167
Total: 167

Happy Monday Friends

Started by LizStreithorst, June 14, 2021, 09:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

We have a heat advisory for later today.  The 93 degrees coupled with the super high humidity is tough on anyone.  For me it got me off my ass to give my poor filthy Peamite a bath.  I felt sorry for her and was embarrassed to have such a sexy little car in such condition.  It was quite a job for my broken body but she is clean and dry now.  I think a wax job would be too much for me even though I have a buffer.  She needs it but I doubt she'll get it.

Now I'm resting my bones before I tackle the inside which is worse that the outside.  In fact, it's so bad I might split the job between today and tomorrow.

My Phlox has started blooming which means that it won't be long before I'm surrounded by butterflies.  I didn't plan this and I need to change something next year.  Since the stuff in my gardens are things that I purchased long ago and transplanted, things I stole from old deserted home sites, and stuff that just comes up, it happens that everything in the 3 gardens is either purple or yellow.  I do have an artificial begonia that I rescued after Judy threw it out that I have tucked in under an asparagus fern.  It is blood red.  I need more red.  I'll have to give it some thought.  I only plant things that thrive on neglect.  I'll have to ask my horticulturist friend for advice unless maybe Barb has some suggestions.

Hope everyone has a happy and fun Monday.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz and everyone. I got back from my weekend trip last night and was pretty much wiped out. I managed to feed the fish and shrimp before going to bed.

I got up early to get the things I neglected over the weekend and found out that I didn't want to move much today. No pain, just feeling tired and lazy. I'm sure that I will get back at it tomorrow.

It's pretty nice outside with the temp at 81 degrees under partly cloudy shies. There is a 90% chance of rain overnight. It rained over the weekend so we are in good shape right now.

I hope that you are all enjoying a beautiful day wherever you are.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I know very well what it's like to need rest when you'd rather be doing something but when your body says to rest you shouldn't ignore it.  I bet you'll wake up full of vim and vigor tomorrow.

I got the Peamite as close to squeaky clean as I was able, inside and out.  I didn't do the inside of the windows.  I'll save that for tomorrow.  Also, I didn't Armor All.  I heard on my public radio station that the experts don't recommend it.  I did some research and it's true!  303 is the go to product to protect vinyl against UV.  I just ordered a bottle.  I used my Amazon points and got it for free.  I know that Amazon is a monster but they sure are good.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Liz and Willie!  Today is day 1 of my mini vacation, have been visiting relatives and new friends for several hours.  Now I am resting in a lovely hotel, across the street is a Golden Corral, I will have dinner there later on.  Tomorrow is all day at the zoo.  Willie, do you have a zoo in your part of the US?

Liz I recommend zinnias, very colorful, fast growing from seeds, will reseed themselves easily.  All zizes from the little plants up to the 3'tall ones.  They thrive on neglect.  Keep them watered until they come up and turn into little plants.
Barb

wsantia1

Well I am up and about finally. I slept a good part of the day and then I played around in the fishroom.

Barb, the Philadelphia Zoo is the closest big zoo around me and that 70 miles to the north. Baltimore has a great Aquarium that I've been to a couple of times. We also have a few smaller zoos nearby. The little zoos are really small.  huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.