• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 01:00:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 166
Total: 166

Sunday morning greeting

Started by Barb, June 13, 2021, 09:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi folks, where is everyone this weekend?  Thanks for checking in yesterday Ron!  That is quite a successful plant business you have going on there.  How is the heat?  Seems like over 115?  Here just cloudy, warm not hot, and probably more rain later today.  My pond is clear, finally. Now to keep it that way.  Planted some new perennials around it this morning, lots of color.  I will take a pic to show soon.  Mon-Wed I will be on a short trip to a big zoo and to see my kids along the way.  You all be good,
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good morning folks.  Sorry I missed yesterday.  By the time I got done with WC I was so tuckered that I had to get bed and lay flat on my back.  I'm not good for much by the late afternoon.  I did go to see Ken and Twee with some mystery snails, some snots, and some of Ron's horney yellow shrimp.  I wish my other colors were so prolific.   

I got up and going earlier than usual this morning.  I ordered a new RO membrane from lowes that was supposed to be in so I headed into Laurel to pick it up.  I was annoyed when the girl said that it would be in Friday.  Didn't even apologize.  It was not her mistake but she didn't have to act like she didn't give a shit which obviously didn't.  I need the damn thing desperately.  I've been spending a fortune on Distilled water.  I ordered it from Lowes rather than Bulk Reef supply because Lowes supposedly had it.  On the way home I had to go to 4 different stores to find it.  Thank goodness the Dollar store in Seminary had it.  I got 10 gallons.  That should be enough (barely) to get me through until Wed. when I'll be going back to the pet store.  I'll take my empty jugs and Ken can fill them with RO which is only 50 cents a gallon as apposed to between $1. and $1.29.

I'm getting a few loads of laundry done and out in the hot sun to dry.  I would really like to give my poor filthy Peamite a bath, but I'll see how I feel once she cools down.  I sure wish I didn't poop out so easily.

I've decided to apply for a handicapped parking thing to hang from the rear view mirror.  Until I get it I'm going to park in the handicapped place regardless.  It used to piss me off no end when I would see someone park in one of those places without having the placard.  And even when I was hurting badly I wouldn't do it.  But I have accepted the fact that I do have a handicap.

I'm going to get the chicken's fancy treat made up for them (scratch, black oil sunflower seeds, and live meal worms) then sit on my ass outside and enjoy watching them eat it.  Then WC on the Discus pairs tank and the Ram pairs tank in hopes I'll nudge them into spawning.

Stay happy everyone and enjoy the day despite the heat.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...it's another bright sunny day here in  the Phoenix area....it's 105F right now and will go higher...this week we could see 115, or over...

...I think today Lucy and I will putz...start getting stuff together for our trip starting Thursday...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron