• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 12:16:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 261
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 266
Total: 266

Friday greeting

Started by Barb, June 11, 2021, 12:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hello everyone, what are you all doing today?  Me, I am gardening since the rain isn't here yet.  Even have some new flowers to put in my garden.  But the humidity is fierce, with the heat.  My pond is getting clearer every day now.  Soon I will be able to see the bottom again, I always want to see it.  Have  a good day!
Barb

LizStreithorst

Hi Barb.  Rain has been a huge problem in Mississippi.  They're having a time with floods up in the north of the State.  It's the way it has been and it's getting worse.  Flooding in some places where there have never been floods and out in the Western States droughts like nobody has ever seen.  It's disturbing.  In my area it hasn't been terrible.  When it does rain it pours but then it goes away as fast as it came.

I'm not as pain free as I was yesterday, but I'm still better than I had been.  I piddled in the garden earlier.  My peppers are peppering, my tomatoes are making tomatoes, my beans have lots of flowers and some tiny little beans, and some of my corn is tasseling.  I'm having to pull more weeds than I like to have come up since I wasn't able to mulch this year but with the soil damp from the rain they are easy to pull.

I wonder what's going on with our gentlemen members today?
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hey Barb and Liz. It's been raining here all day but little more than a steady drizzle. Every now and then the rain picks up a bit but not for long. The grass and plants are getting a thorough soaking because there is very little runoff.

I am getting a few things ready for a cook out tomorrow in Silver Spring Md. I'm in charge of wine coolers so I had to basically figure out what the best types were and then go pick up a few cases of the stuff. If I drink I will have to drink the real stuff not wine coolers.

I also have to load up some beach chairs, a cooler and some personal items while making sure that I don't forget something. While I am there I will probably do a little maintenance on the 55G I have over there.

I'll be leaving in the morning and will come back Sunday.

I hope you all are having a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...here I am, Liz!...I've been puling plants for my eBay guy who will pick them up later today...He has about 34 orders...he ran a "buy 2, get 1" offer cause I needed to clear out a bunch of floaters that chokes out the planted ones...

...then I did a WC on the Congo 125g...then I worked a little more on cleaning duckweed out of some of my floater tanks that grow some money makers...and then I glued some Buce &Java Fern onto dragonstone to get them ready for swaps down the road...so it's been a fishroom kinda day for me so far...

...Oh...we ordered an iPad for me from Amazon that's due in tomorrow...I want to be able to do things that I don't like to do on my phone while I'm not at my desktop computer...

...Lucy's gone shopping for some clothes for our Maui trip next Thursday...

...Liz, good luck with your back...I hope it will stay better for awhile...and can pick and enjoy the fruits of your gardening labors...
...Willie, have fun at the BBQ...how's Kobe?...
...Barb, your work on the pond is paying off...and your flowers as well as Liz's will be beautiful...

...I'm going to probably get rid of the four Leopoldii angels I have...they are full grown now... but I have no plans to breed them...I think it will be another year before they are fully mature...anyway, if any of you are interested, let me know and we'll work out something...

...guess I'll go to the pool for and hour and then get back to some wc's in the 20g's when the RO tank fills enough...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I'm glad that you're well and having fun, Ron.  Would you mind posting a pic of the Angles?  I might be interested if you can ship them.  I'm appreciating the appearance of wild Angles way more than than the domestics all the time.  The domestic strains no longer ring my bell.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Leopoldi...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron