• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 04:57:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 144
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 147
Total: 148

What a wonderful Thursday

Started by LizStreithorst, June 10, 2021, 09:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

How grateful I am that I'm among the few who have an immediate response to a steroid shot in the back.  I always get out of bed gingerly because there's no telling how bad it might be.  What a delight to find out that I was able to walk smoothly with little pain.  I found myself able to take larger steps and walk is a less tentative manner.

I have finally come to accept the fact that regardless of the fact that I was Wonder Woman all my life, my own body has betrayed me and I cannot overcome it by sheer force of will.

The doctor gave me some disturbing news about my Stenosis which is pretty gross and not suitable for a morning chat.  But he did tell me that if (when) it happened to me I would have to see the neurosurgeon ASAP.  At least I won't be at a complete loss when this befalls me. 

I did get a sack of dog food and a sack of horse food in the house and in their garbage cans.  As Barb suggested, I did it one pitiful 2 gallon bucket at a time.  Afterward I didn't hurt but I was ready to sit down.   

I sure hope that today is as wonderful to all my friends here as it is for me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...Hi peeps....

...well, I got started on setting up one of the 20L's in my second metal rack yesterday...got the substrate in and the water and some plants...weirdest thing has happened...I had this one plant I was very happy to get in a trade yesterday and took it out of the bag, did something with it, and still have not found it yet!!! huh ...I hate it when that happens  >:( ...anyway, the other plants are looking good so far today...

...I was doing my runaround while Lucy was doing back-to-back card classes at the clubhouse...

...today I'm heading over to the high school where I have a growing relationship with the Oceanography Club...Mike Coleman and I (mostly Mike) are giving a shrimp PowerPoint presentation...we're going to actually set up a 5g tank to raffle to one of the attendees or to leave in the classroom for the whole class...teacher's choice...I've put together the equipment and plants and Mike is bringing the shrimp and substrate...so this is why I'm up early today...we meet at the school at 9am and I'm usually still in my living room chair trying to get moving for the day!!!... wfwf :P

...Bye now!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good morning Liz, Ron and everyone. Liz I am very happy to hear that you are responding so well to your shot. I'm trying to set one up myself but it may take a while before I get an appointment.  huh

It's is hot & humid here today with the current at 82 degrees and the humidity level at 72%. We will top off at 87 degrees with some rain coming this afternoon to cool us off a bit.

Today is my relax (do nothing) day but I have to get some wine coolers from the liquor store for my contribution to a cookout I was invited to this weekend. I really don't want to go but I was given an invitation by someone that I couldn't say no too.

I'm going down to the basement in a bit to do a little putzing (I haven't used that word in a while) because I have to do something. I may also take a nap while I am down there.  mim mim

Ron I hope you find your plant before it dries out.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi everybody, here I am late.  I think there has been 6" of rain so far today, about half that in the last hr.  My pond is badly overflowing, but the excess goes into my French drain I built, and is taken away from my yard to a pond way behind my fence.  The land is so flat here, water has to be carefully rerouted or it will go into the house.  I made sure that will never happen to me.

Great news on your back Liz!  Hope it just continues to get better and better.  Glad you didn't carry those heavy bags inside.  Ron did you find your missing plant?  I have misplaced a lot of things but never a plant ;D.  Willie hope you had a good day putzing!  I need a day like that.
Barb