• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 06:41:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 260
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 260
Total: 261

Hot and Humid Tuesday

Started by wsantia1, June 08, 2021, 06:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I am already back from my morning walk around the park but had to cut it short because it was very humid and Kobe was laboring.

It is currently 77 degrees and it will get up to 87 degrees for a high but the humidity is at 74% already. We have a 40% chance of Thorms this afternoon.

Today is strictly a "take care of the fishroom" day. I  basically took a week off except for feedings and it is a mess down there. At least no deaths occurred due to my neglect.  huh

Wishing you all a great day. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good morning Willie, and the rest of you later on.  Hi Dennis, if you read this.  It is also very humid here, about 90 right now!  Yesterday was a Toad Floater rain for awhile.  In awhile I will go work on my pea soup pond, it is already better from my  treatment plan.  I still have no frogs this year.  I am worried about where they are and did they all die for some reason.  I usually have several varieties and toads too.  Have never had this happen before in all the 40+ years of living in NC.   Anybody have any guesses where they are or what happened to them?
Barb

LizStreithorst

It's the same here as it is there Barb and Willie.  I had to turn on the AC yesterday.  In the past it cooled off enough at night to turn it off and keep the door open for the dogs, but not last night, or this morning.

I need to go to the vet for meds for little Tink and then to the feed store.  Those 50 lb sacks of feed will have to stay in the back of the Peamite until after I get my shot in the back tomorrow.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Barb, I also have a bunch of frogs and haven't seen any. I know there are bull frogs in the big pond (water retention basin) because I hear them in the morning when I walk Kobe early. I didn't know there was possibly different species here. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I still have my tree frogs that sing to me and I know a toad laid her eggs in one of my mosquito larvae cultures but I haven't seen any of the other frogs I sometimes see.

Yesterday I felt pretty good.  I did some little stuff but not anything overly taxing.  Today everything hurts even my neck and shoulders that never hurt.  I have no apatite whatsoever.  I know I'm going to have to eat something eventually.  I planned on a porkchop schnitzel with steamed beans and carrots.  I'll make myself cook after I do WC.  At least this morning I felt well enough to do WC on the 4 tanks in the house. 

I know that nobody likes to hear someone complain all the time.  I'm sorry.  My appointment for the shot will be at 3 tomorrow afternoon.  It can't come soon enough.

Barb

Liz did they say what the shot is?  Where it will be?  How is it supposed to work? 

LizStreithorst

It's a steroid.  That's why I can't take my meloxicam for my arthritic parts.  Apparently the NSAIDS are antagonistic to steroids.  I had oral steroids once when I got swarmed by a nest of wasps.  I suffered for several days before I gave up and went to the doctor. The steroid shot he gave me made me better than I was before the wasps depleted all my energy.  I could not only do wat had to be done, colors seemed brighter.  Maybe my body reacts more strongly to steroids that most people's.  I sure hope so.

The problem with steroids is that the more you need to use them the more you need to get a good result until you get to the point where the only thing that helps is narcotics.

I think my biggest problem is that all my life I thought that I could overcome anything by shear force of will.  I just can't overcome the fact that my spine is falling apart.

I'm sorry folks.  I'll do my best not to go spat on you from now on.