• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 09:25:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 164
Total: 165

Another Hot Day (Sunday)

Started by wsantia1, June 06, 2021, 06:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was crazy day for me with my company (Vikki) taking me all over the place in a belated celebration of my BD.

I even went to the Longhorn for dinner. It was my first sit down in a restaurant since Covid. I had their Outlaw steak for dinner. More running around today.

It's going to be a hot one today with plenty of sunshine and high temps of 93 degrees. We have to get down to the outlets because I need to pick up a few items and they have plenty of sales right now.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie, that sounds like a great meal you had!  What a treat.  You have it hotter up there than I do.  It is hot but not 93, but very humid here.  I can see why Ron likes the desert heat with almost no humidity.  I have had about 6" of rain in my yard just the last few days.  Now the Japanese Beetles are out.  They do a lot of damage to my roses and certain other flowers.  I got rid of about 100 awhile ago.

Taking my mom out for lunch and shopping now, in Harris Teeter, where we can shop and eat lunch, while she is on their electric scooter.  Have a good day all,
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on June 06, 2021, 10:04:13 AM
Taking my mom out for lunch and shopping now, in Harris Teeter, where we can shop and eat lunch, while she is on their electric scooter.  Have a good day all,
Barb
...I feel pretty sure that taking your Mom out for lunch makes you happy!...Miss mine a lot and wish I could do the same...It would be good for her and probably better for me...I miss those days...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...Good morning all!...

...The day is finally here for our First Post-Quarantine SAS Meeting...from the buzz I've been seeing on our FB page, there is going to be a fairly large group there...maybe as many as 80!...Pretty excited...!  I know that the main thing the folks want is the auction...it creates a lot of excitement......after this meeting we will have a BOD meeting and plan for the next few months' meetings....I'm going to suggest that we do a swap as our next meeting...
Mike Coleman is going to give a presentation on shrimp keeping...He's the local shrimp guy here in the Phoenix area...next week he and I are going to give the presentation to an area high school Oceanography Club I've mentioned...

...Yesterday was a busy day and I didn't make it on here...I spent a lot of time working in and on tanks...WCs and prepping auction items...one guy encouraged me to bring some of my d-stone work...I wasn't originally planning to do that, but will take 1 or 2, but with minimum bids...another big thing is a very large Red Tiger Lotus mother plant...I'll have to take it in a bucket because it's so large...

...my eBay guy came by to pick up some plants yesterday afternoon...he and his wife are in the process of buying a house...recently they made and offer of list price on one and got beat out by another offer of 100,000 over the list price... wfwf...anyway, they had another offer accepted and we were congratulating him...something came up about the financing and they had questions, some invited his wife to come in and join us and we chatted for about an hour answering so many questions they had...Lucy has been in Mortgage, title, and appraisal work as well real estate sales!...they seemed please to have a neutral party to answer questions for them...

...temp today will get into the 102 area today...yesterday hit 108...and it got windy...

...Willie, I can't remember Vikki's relationship with you...

...take care, all...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

'Afternoon folks.  I'm still miserable with my stupid back but I'm better than yesterday.  Yesterday I wasn't even able to do WC.  Daily WC in the fish room is almost a region with me.  But I've missed before and I haven't been turned to stone yet...

I did a big old WC this morning, did some wipe downs where they were necessary, squeezed a few sponges and moved some fish around. Both spawns of little Rams are now in a 29 and the 2 pairs, both gold bred to black, are each in their own 10 gallon with RO.  My attempt at breeding Discus failed but I've gotten used to that with these so it was not a kick in the head like it would have been a year or two ago.

I have a box to make to ship some black rams tomorrow but I expect I won't feel well enough to cut styro for 1 box.  That's pretty darned pitiful but it is what it is.  I do it in the morning after I lay flat on my back for hours.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 06, 2021, 10:32:56 AM
...Good morning all!...

...The day is finally here for our First Post-Quarantine SAS Meeting...from the buzz I've been seeing on our FB page, there is going to be a fairly large group there...maybe as many as 80!...Pretty excited...!  I know that the main thing the folks want is the auction...it creates a lot of excitement......after this meeting we will have a BOD meeting and plan for the next few months' meetings....I'm going to suggest that we do a swap as our next meeting...
Mike Coleman is going to give a presentation on shrimp keeping...He's the local shrimp guy here in the Phoenix area...next week he and I are going to give the presentation to an area high school Oceanography Club I've mentioned...

...Yesterday was a busy day and I didn't make it on here...I spent a lot of time working in and on tanks...WCs and prepping auction items...one guy encouraged me to bring some of my d-stone work...I wasn't originally planning to do that, but will take 1 or 2, but with minimum bids...another big thing is a very large Red Tiger Lotus mother plant...I'll have to take it in a bucket because it's so large...

...my eBay guy came by to pick up some plants yesterday afternoon...he and his wife are in the process of buying a house...recently they made and offer of list price on one and got beat out by another offer of 100,000 over the list price... wfwf...anyway, they had another offer accepted and we were congratulating him...something came up about the financing and they had questions, some invited his wife to come in and join us and we chatted for about an hour answering so many questions they had...Lucy has been in Mortgage, title, and appraisal work as well real estate sales!...they seemed please to have a neutral party to answer questions for them...

...temp today will get into the 102 area today...yesterday hit 108...and it got windy...

...take care, all...

Lol. Vikki is my ex/sometimes current girlfriend. We broke up before Covid but because of Covid we never really went our separate ways.

Our big issue is that she is determined to move to Florida and I am not going anywhere. She currently lives is Silver Spring, Md. which is 90 miles away from me so it was/is already a long distance relationship.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 07, 2021, 06:13:24 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on June 06, 2021, 10:32:56 AM
...Good morning all!...

...take care, all...

Lol. Vikki is my ex/sometimes current girlfriend. We broke up before Covid but because of Covid we never really went our separate ways.

Our big issue is that she is determined to move to Florida and I am not going anywhere. She currently lives is Silver Spring, Md. which is 90 miles away from me so it was/is already a long distance relationship.
...That's an interesting relationship!...but sounds like it's a good one ATM!... ;D |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron