• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 08:02:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 146
Total: 146

Thursday

Started by Ron Sower, June 03, 2021, 10:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...I'll start us off...

...seems like Muggers can get around...I had a phone chat with a friend here in the Phoenix area and our club yesterday...Bill Curtin...(yes the last name is spelled correctly)...he's been to George Garcia's home and bought some discuss juvies...way to go George... |^|

...looks like I don't have a whole lot of stuff on my to-do list today...water change in the Congo tank, seal a 20L, and do a maintenance on my customer office tank...

...appears it's going to be a clear day with 104F...it feels so good to get into a hot car after being in air conditioning for awhile...seriously, just like to sit in it before I start the engine to warm my skin!...

...good day to all of you!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

What kind of Discus did your buddy buy.  I actually emailed George about some quarter size F1 RSG's he has listed on AB.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Ron and Liz, and Willie later on.  Ron, glad you like 104, that is too hot for me though.  But it is dry heat so I do know that is better than our 95 degrees with high humidity!  I went to an urgent care clinic near me to have a Dr. look at my hand.  Even though it doesn't look bad, she put me on a week of Augmenten, best antibio. for dog bites she said.  She also said rabies can take MONTHS to show up after a dog bite.  Is that really true Liz?  The puppy who bit me has had his shots but I had to fill out a dog bite form for the state, by law.  My neighbor is very upset but I calmed her down best I could.  Her husband has serious leg surgery issues, now their son's dog bit me.  She offered to pay my med. bills but I told her I am 100% insurance covered and my med only cost $5 with my insurance.  And it has been raining off and on for ovefr 24 hrs.  Several inches of rain, the drought here is over!  Brown lawns are green now.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Barb, Rabies is so rare these days that since Rabies vaccs are a legal requirement for pets.  No pet has ever been infected in Mississippi for as long as I can remember.  I remember getting one two dog bites.  The first was on a dog that was difficult for grooming.  I should have slapped a muzzle on him the moment it happened.  The second was a large dog I had in the tub.  I had walked him and made friends with him before hand so expected nothing.  But one second he was perfectly fine and the next moment he nailed me hard.  It hurt.  I slapped the shit out of him with my hand.  One finger on my right hand hurt for several weeks.  But this dog had small teeth and didn't really do much damage.  I hurt my had more that the dog hurt me.

What kid of dog was this and what type of bite.  The ones you have to worry about are the deep punctures.  A tetanus vaccination is what called for in those cases and antibiotics to be on the safe side.  I used to get a tetanus vaccine once every 5 years to be on the safe side even though they're supposed to last 10.

As I said, cat bites are way more likely to be problematic.  I've been bitten by a cat several times and my vet always gave me antibiotics as soon as it happened.  I used to say that all cat bites get infected, but I can't say for sure if that's true.

I actually got out and pushed the mower a good bit today.  Since we've been having light rain on and off for days the lawn has been really growing.  I'm still taking it easy but I felt that it was time to start doing physical things other that WC's.  WC's don't count as physical exercise because they're a necessary part of life.  Mowing is easy labor for me and I'm always inordinately  proud of the results.  I got a good bit done without pushing myself too hard. 

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 03, 2021, 11:15:42 AM
What kind of Discus did your buddy buy.  I actually emailed George about some quarter size F1 RSG's he has listed on AB.
...those are the ones!...Bill seemed pretty excited to have met George...now he has a "local" special angel and discus breeder to play with!..
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Well, George and I have somewhat of a contentious relationship.  He refused to sell to me.  It was bound to happen.  I almost told him the same thing not long ago.

I hope your friend has good luck with his little RSG's.  They are almost impossible to find and George's F1's seem to have great potential.

Ron Sower

moved to appropriate thread...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron