• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 08:43:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 292
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 295
Total: 295

Wednesday again

Started by Ron Sower, June 02, 2021, 12:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...good morning/afternoon, wherever you are right now...

...I way overslept and have less than 40 minutes to pick up Stan and head to Gilbert to pick up a young fellow from the Seattle club for lunch at 11:30!.. So  thought I'd get us started here and come back later today...

...Ciao...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon friends.  I was think that I was late posting but the only one who got here first is Ron! 

I just got back from the pain doc.  It was more of an initial visit where all they do is ask questions and have me pee in a cup.  They don't care that I will pee positive for pot and beer because I'm not wanting narcotics, just a steroid shot.  Well, I peed and answered questions and they took my money and made me an appointment for the real pain doctor next Tuesday.  God, I hope I get relief so I can do stuff with ease rather than despite the pain it causes.  Constant pain just slam wears me out.  I'm tired of going to bed and getting up with the chickens.  10 hours of sleep every night is just too much! 

When I drove home I saw Jack sitting on the back patio with my other neighbor Cleon.  Cleon is the one who has the bees.  It turns out that he didn't loose all his hives after all.  He said that he pretty much no longer works with his bees, it's his son Norman who does it.  He said that the time they work the hives is in July and I could come watch.  That way I can see if I can handle the lifting of heavy hives in the hot July sun.  If I can't hack it I won't even try.  But if I can, they have hives they can sell and may have some swarms with queens in the Spring.  It's best to start in the Spring when the bees start getting ready to swarm and start making queen cells.  I knew that from YouTube video's.  If I can handle working in July, next Spring I will have something to look forward to.

I'm late for WC.  I'm headed down to the fish room late today.  I can't wait to take of my presentable cloths and put on shorts and a T shirt.  Of course I know I'm lucky that I can still fit into the presentable clothes that I bought 15 years ago.  My presentable clothes are tailored so I don't have to worry about them being out of style.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Good evening folks, just checking in to say that.  I have had a busy day, rained most of it, and got a dog bite awhile ago while helping a sick neighbor.  Hot water, soap, alcohol, antibiotic ointment, anything else I should do?  It is on my right hand.
Barb

LizStreithorst

As long as the dog doesn't have rotten bacteria laden teeth which most often happens with small older dogs that are not well cared for, the bite will heal on it's own.  It's cat bites that most often get infected.  Look at a cat's tongue.  All sorts of bad stuff grows there.  It amazes me that most cats don't have terrible teeth.  I understand that bites from humans always get infected too, although I have had no personal experience with those.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on June 02, 2021, 06:36:48 PM
Good evening folks, just checking in to say that.  I have had a busy day, rained most of it, and got a dog bite awhile ago while helping a sick neighbor.  Hot water, soap, alcohol, antibiotic ointment, anything else I should do?  It is on my right hand.
Barb
...maybe shoot the dog?...JUST KIDDING, LIZ! :P
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...seriously Barb, I hope you don't have any problems with the wound...

...I had a pretty good day...visited with my friend for a nice long lunch...he manages an LFS in the Seattle area...we discussed a little bit about old school aquarium clubs like the one in Seattle and newer school clubs...I think our SAS is a good newer thinking club with old school background  (me)...some of the things the younger board members want to do sometime sim totally not in favor of...however if the board votes to do it, we do it....and, wow, it usually works!...

...then I came home to deal with a final past due tax notice on a property in the next county...we've never owned any property there...had to go through  two departments to get a "no answer" answer!!! :D...so the clerk is going to follow thru and let me know what he finds out...we'll see... huh

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron