• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:21:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,249
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 139
Total: 140

Tuesday's here

Started by Barb, June 01, 2021, 06:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning Willie, Liz and Ron!  After days of poor weather it is sunny, blue sky and cool this morning.  It will be a good day to clean out my algae-clogged pond filter again.  With it being in full sun, and a small pond, even the UV light has trouble keeping up with the pea soup.  I keep fighting it though. When it is all clear it is so pretty.  I saw a hawk on my fence, looking at my pond, I was ready to dash out there if he made a move toward the water, but he flew off instead. I hope he saw my fake owls, heron and peacock I have standing around the pond for such purpose.

Willie I hope your Dr. visit goes fine. 
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good morning my friends.  Sorry I missed yesterday.  My computer went on the blink again.  I need to hook up my new one but I'm afraid I'll mess something up because I am so no techy.

My flowers have started blooming in earnest.  In addition to the cleome which is almost a weed, my day lilies have started, my glads are glorious and I have some of my pretty yellow climbing rose in flower.

I've been taking it super easy since I carried that stupid bag of sand in.  I've had to say no to 3 dogs, which makes me feel about as worthless as a person can feel.

I've been doing quite a bit of fish room stuff.  My Amazon Sword put up a big stick with 5 babies with roots of their own.  I gave 2 away and planted 3 in the pots I got from Barb.  I have a big swarm or baby rams that went free swimming yesterday.  Also I have a decent spawn of Discus that I expect will free swim tomorrow.

It will be sunny today with the high around 80 with a breeze.  Ron and Willie, I hope you start feeling better soon.  I see my pain doctor tomorrow.  Barb, you are the only sound one among us.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...HI there!... 8)...from sunny AZ... 8)...

WOW!...I just had a spurt of industriosity (is that a new word I just coined?)and emptied my paper shredder, packed up some old files, and used the hand vac in the corners in my fishroom...! What's going on with me today?????? huh huh huh

...while I'm this wound up I think I will go out and finish the d-stone I'm working on so it's ready for the fellow at the meeting this Sunday...

...we're going to Florence this afternoon at 2 to sign the papers to sell our old home there...really nice lady (at least on the phone!) is buying it...she has another park model there, but has decided it is too small for her...the two lots and a large shed plus a small one is a plus as well as the 220sf "Arizona Room" we added on the second month we moved into it...the large deck is a bonus too...thankfully we'll get more out of the sale than the deal we had going with the fellow we were carrying the contract for...

...after that we're going to have an early dinner with a couple in our former "dining group"...we miss our close friends there...it's a place where we had the best close group of friends that we've had since we've been married...it was, in a way, like when I was growing up in Roanoke, VA...we called our neighbors "back door neighbors"...you know, you just go up to the back door, holler hello, knock and go right in...! It was the same with about 8 of us in Florence...I miss the guys coming over to our place and we'd gather on our large deck and have coffee and chat...we'd also have 8-30 people at times to just visit eat whatever we were having for dinner that night and enjoy a party...

...here in PDSE (Palmas Del Sol East) we haven't really had the opportunity to develop that kind of relationships due to everyone staying so far apart...but I see that it may be coming down the road... we had a very large lunch yesterday...about 145 people...it was a good time to make more acquaintances...and we're spending more time at the pool now and I take a book but end up visiting instead of reading...! :D :D :D

...looks like we're heading into the 100s for a regular weather pattern now...we don't mind it because both of us have indoor hobbies that we thoroughly enjoy...Oh...by the way,...Lucy had her first cardmaking class for the park and it went really well...the ladies loved making the cards...she'd going to do another two more on June 9!... she keeps the group to max of 4 people and she has 8 signed up already!... I love her excitement in all this... |^| ;D

...I didn't plan to ramble on this morning...you guys take care and Happy June One...it was my Mom's birthday...a very strong influencer in my life...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good afternoon Barb, Liz, Ron and everyone. It's a beautiful day here with temp at 75 degrees under sunny skies and a light breeze.

I went to my doctor to get my pain med refill and have a thorough exam. I got orders for some blood work and some x-rays on my back. I read the report and I have disk problems from L1 through S1 and bone spurs and a deeper than normal curve of some kind.

It was written in doctor language so I will wait for my primary care doctor to interpret for me. Bottom line is my back is in bad shape and my options are limited.

I'm still in a good mood and I have company coming for the weekend but they won't be coming to a sparkling clean house like they usually do. I'll do the best I can without hurting myself.

I still have to move my yellow shrimp into a larger tank. I think as I do the move I should do some culling. I wish I had set up a cull tank. huh

I hope everyone is having a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Damn Willie, that sucks.  I hope it's something that surgery can fix.  I thought that back surgery was something I would never want to do, because sometimes it doesn't come out as expected.  But when the neurosurgeon told me that there was no surgery that would help me my eyes teared up and I had to keep myself from crying.

I just turned ways 2 more grooms.  That means 5 total which is $250. I may never get.  But...most of my customers are dedicated to me so I may not loose them.  I'll call them after I see what the pain doctor says.  I'm sick to death of doing little to nothing.  All I want is to be able to do stuff again.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 01, 2021, 03:57:15 PM
Damn Willie, that sucks.  I hope it's something that surgery can fix.  I thought that back surgery was something I would never want to do, because sometimes it doesn't come out as expected.  But when the neurosurgeon told me that there was no surgery that would help me my eyes teared up and I had to keep myself from crying.

I just turned ways 2 more grooms.  That means 5 total which is $250. I may never get.  But...most of my customers are dedicated to me so I may not loose them.  I'll call them after I see what the pain doctor says.  I'm sick to death of doing little to nothing.  All I want is to be able to do stuff again.

Yes Liz the pain sucks and surgery may be one of the options available. At this point the degeneration is bad enough that I don't know what therapy or a chiropractor can do but my doctor gave me referrals for both.

This was before any imaging was done. I'll see what he has to say after he looks at the report. The place where I get my diagnostic testing at has a cool patient portal that allows me to see all of my reports as soon as they are available. I see them before my doctor gets them. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...Gee, Willie...sorry to hear this...

...and Liz...at least the neurosurgeon was honest with you...some will do a surgery and you're still left with pain and they take you back for more a year later...I feel pretty sure that's what had been going on with Lucy's Dad....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron