• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 07:43:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 140
Total: 140

Sunday Morning - Still Raining

Started by wsantia1, May 30, 2021, 05:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Another rainy morning here on the Delmarva peninsula. In addition to the rain it is a moderately cold 47 degrees out there.  Just 15 degrees colder and we would be getting snow and it's almost June. Our high temp will be just 53 degrees. huh

The good news is that this rain stops before Memorial Day. |^| |^| |^|

Anyway all I will be doing today is fishroom putzing with a major focus on my shrimp tanks. A friend is "bringing me" some "Fire Red Cherry" shrimp later in the week and I need to be ready.

The only thing is that he is flaky and only comes through around 50% of the time. huh When he does come through it's always good. |^| |^| |^|

I hope you all have a great Sunday.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...Sunday already?...Hello gang!..

...today I'm gonna get a start on moving the bookshelf out of the fishroom into my bedroom and start setting up the new aquarium rack...
...also going to visit a fish/plant friend who is selling all his equipment because he's losing his job...he has some great lights I might want to buy from him...

...meanwhile, you guys have a good day...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon friends.  It's been a lovely morning.  The temps are very comfortable for door and windows open but still not a drop of rain in sight. Willie, we have all had strange weather this year, but yours has been the strangest.  Good Lord, it's almost June!

I harvested more garlic and onions, some of which I will be using in my fried rice later.  Really fresh garlic is in it's own world as far as flavor goes.  I transplanted a small pot plant from where I took out the garlic and onions.  It just wasn't getting enough sun where it was.  Then I made some tomato cages from the stuff Shawn gave me and got the sprinkler going on the garden.  I like to water deep so I'll leave it there until just before WC time at 4.

My new fish friend Lafonda came by at 10 as she promised.  She gave me some Wormer Plus which I think I might need and the filter that I replaced with a well cycled one yesterday.  She left with a couple of pieces if Java Fern, a few Cleome that are growing where they don't want them, and a 55 gallon water storage container.  Can you believe that this woman does daily WCs on her Discus tanks carrying one gallon buckets of water from the kitchen to the tanks one at a time!  I wish I'd had a sump pump to send with her and I do have a spare but I pulled the one I'm using now by the cord so many times that I know that it won't last forever.  She said she'd go to Harbor Freight.  They're great for deals on stuff like that.

This lady is like me in that she has been through money and no money, lives alone, owns her house and her car, but has no income other that an $850. a month disability check.  Heck I get almost twice that in SS and I think that I'm poor!  Like me, she goes it alone.  She's a kind, tough cookie.

Right now I've got all my veggies prepped for my egg fried rice.  I'm putting mushrooms in it this time.  I had a few left over in the crisper from another recipe I needed them for.  I guess I'll find out if they're a good addition to fried rice or not.  I know that they'll add umami.  Now, I'm going to lay flat on my back for 45 minutes.  The back feels not as painful today but I know it needs time with me laying flat on it.  I think it has to do with the pressure of gravity on the vertebrae when I'm up and about. Talk to y'all later...
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi everybody, here I am, late.  I have had a busy day working on finishing up my violet repotting, finally got them finished.  And took my mom and neighbor out for lunch, a greek place, very good food.  It has been cold and raining lightly all day, hope it is over tomorrow.  Will be down near 40 tonight!  This is unacceptable.  More tomorrow,
Barb