• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 02:28:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 176
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 161
Total: 161

Rainy Saturday Morning

Started by wsantia1, May 29, 2021, 05:14:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Yes I am on here earlier than usual and that is because it is raining and I can't go on my usual early morning walk. It is supposed to rain most of the weekend but will clear up in time for Memorial Day.  |^| |^| |^|

BTW it is only 50 degrees at the moment. That is cold for this time of year.

I guess fishroom work and house cleaning are my only agenda items for today but with the aches and pains that I have from stuff I did yesterday I don't know how much I can accomplish.  huh

Wishing you all a great day.  |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good morning Willie and others later on.  Glad you are getting more rain, it will be so welcome for your yard.  Late yesterday afternoon here it rained hard for 5 min.  but that was enough to wet everything a bit.  And filled up my rain barrel fast from roof runoff, I let it rain a bit before I take the lid off, don't need pollen, dirt etc, in my barrel too.  Liz I hope you get some soon down in MS.  Ron, I know your cactus are fine without it  ;D.  I have lots of plant work inside today.  Have  a good day everybody,
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good morning, friends.  No rain or thorms here I'm afraid.  I didn't get out to water either.  I needed more horse feed or I wouldn't make it through the long weekend so I decided to go to the feed store.  And since I was headed in the general direction of the veterinary hospital I decided to take the vets some of my eggs.  Dr. Sara says that my eggs are golden so of course I love giving them to her.  OMG, the traffic on Hwy 49!!!!  I got lucky and made the lights right but I don't think I've seen that hwy so full of vehicles.  North wasn't as bad as south.  Many many people were headed to the gulf coast.  People are feeling free after a year of being cooped up.

When I got home after delivering eggs and buying feed a fish friend showed up to visit.  She lives in a town about an hour away but sometimes comes to Hattiesburg for the doctor and although I'm not exactly on the way I'm not too far a drive.  She got Discus from me once before and left with another 2 that I didn't expect to be leaving me today.  She also got some of my black rams, some suswassertang and a couple of babies that my Amazon sword produced.  Oh I let her have a cycled filter, too and she's replace it with a sterile filter tomorrow.

This lady has really been through hell with automobile wrecks and fires.  She lives alone as well.  She saw the hatchback of my Peamite open and despite her pain she insisted on bring all 250 lbs of feed inside for me.  I told her that I could do it myself but I was only able to carry in 1 50 lb bag as she carried in all the rest and dumped them into the garbage can.  There was no stopping her regardless of how strong I was in saying no.  Heck, she has to live on $850, a month disability.  I get almost twice that much and I think that I'm poor!

Now I've missed my 45 minutes of flat on my back time and it's about time to do WC and feed the horse, and give the dogs their meds, and take my own meds and I almost forgot.  I need to take time to eat something.  It sounds like I had a terrible day but it was actually a very very nice day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Liz, I am glad that you had a nice day even though it sounds like you had a hectic day. I have a friend that gave me some suswassertang a few weeks ago and it is growing nicely but not as nicely as the Java Moss. lol

I took a bunch out when I was cleaning my yellow shrimp tank and it was loaded with baby shrimp. Luckily I shook it out in tank water and didn't squeeze it under some tap water.

It has been raining steadily here with no signs of letting up.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

the sussertang grows slowly and then all of a sudden takes off.  I actually had to throw some away a couple of weeks ago.

Barb

Sounds like you did have a good day Liz!  I am waiting for my sub. plant to take off, maybe it doesn't like my hard high ph water here?  It isn't dying but just not growing fast.  Nothing grows as fast as the Java moss, right Willie?  I will take some more of it when I get red shrimp from you sometime OK Liz? 

All day has been cloudy, looking like rain, but most just blew over, I only got about 5 min. of rain.  From hot to cool now, tomorrow night 60 or less.   huh
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 29, 2021, 03:59:11 PM
the sussertang grows slowly and then all of a sudden takes off.  I actually had to throw some away a couple of weeks ago.
....DO NOT EVER DO THAT AGAIN...!  I will pay for you to mail it to me...Same goes for Java Moss or Guppy Grass! ...and that's for any of you guys...just don't throw it away...PLEASE!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...It was going to be a day to move some book shelving out of my fishroom and set up the rack I got to set up the extra 20s I have...but I ended up washing my bedding then having lunch with a fish buddy from the club...and coming home and working on the custom D-stone build I want to finish before the weekend...at 8pm I got the board members and chairpersons on a video call though Messenger and we got all the responsibilities for the meeting nailed down...

..Lucy was playing Bunco at the clubhouse....from noon til 3pm and came home with her wrist hurting more than it normally does...it's better after some weed cream rubbed on it and some fast acting acetaminophen...

...no rain today here...we are in a drought period, even for a desert...this winter a lot of cacti died here in the hood and out in the open desert...I'm just glad that up in the higher elevations in northern AZ there was snow and rain that helps keep the ground water moving down here for our water needs...

...well, gotta go to bed and read a bit,,,then to sleep... .!!.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 30, 2021, 01:27:30 AM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 29, 2021, 03:59:11 PM
....DO NOT EVER DO THAT AGAIN...!  I will pay for you to mail it to me...Same goes for Java Moss or Guppy Grass! ...and that's for any of you guys...just don't throw it away...PLEASE!...

I'm sorry, Ron.  You'll have to give me a tutorial on how to ship plants.  Every time I've sent plants to Barb they arrive dead :'(