• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 01:40:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 196
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 172
Total: 172

Thursday greeting

Started by Barb, May 27, 2021, 06:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning friends!  My lawn is slowly getting green again after being almost all brown.  Weeds are sprouting all over the place though.  Hope the rest of you needing rain will soon get some.  What a strange Spring here, and I still have no bees in my yard.  I used to have thousands but not a single one now.  Do you all have bees?  Even fire ants are way less in numbers now.  Wonder what is going on?  I haven't even seen a frog yet, they are usually out and about all over my yard by now.  My huge bullfrog is missing too...

What are you all doing for Memorial Day weekend?  I will be close to home, and flying my flag and gardening.  Have a good day,
Barb

LizStreithorst

Morning, Barb and all the rest of the gang later.  I don't have may of the usual insects yet, but then, I don't have many flowers in bloom.  I won't see as many bees because my neighbor no longer raises them.  All his hives died.  What a shame.  May be after I see the pain doctor I'll be in shape enough to give a hive a try myself.  I have fire ant mounds everywhere.  I kill them, more appear, I kill them and yet more appear.

I'm feeling pretty decent this morning.  I have a customer coming at 11 so I got the house reasonably clean.  I hope I'm not feeling miserable after I do the dog.  I don't have anything much to do after that.  There's a good chance my blue and green shrimp will arrive today.  I hope so.  I'm really looking forward to getting them in their pretty tanks.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

I did the dog and I hurt, but I expected that.  I have another dog Saturday.  It's a customer whose former dog had to be PTS.  They hadn't called me about their new dog because they figured I was no longer grooming.  I happened to run in to them at tractor supply.  Their new dog is just a mixed breed.  Peek-a-poo type.  They showed me pics of him.  He appear to have good structure and he sure has a lovely expression.  I'm looking forward to getting my hands on his hair.

Another customer called but I told her about my back and about the pain doctor appointment Wed.  It's her mothers dog.  It was the daughter who called.  She is old so her mother must be ancient.  She understood totally with my condition and agreed to call me back late next week.  I know I'm silly but if the pain doctor tells me that I should stop grooming I will tell him no.  It's become part of my identity same as keeping and breeding fish.

My great news is that my shrimp arrived.  All were happy and acted that they had never spent days traveling the country to come to me.  The quality of both the blues and the greens is superb.  I couldn't be happier.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Barb, Liz and everyone. We got quite a few T-Storms last night but we needed the rain badly. We are supposed to a a few more storms in the coming days . Hopefully we get enough rain to pull us out of our drought.

It does seem like the bug population has dropped significantly here. Most notably I see less flies and mosquitos. I don't miss either. We have several bullfrogs living in the water retention pond but the little frogs have not made their way into the gardens yet.

I ran some errand this morning and now I'm pooped. I am going to try to get in a nap but I am usually not very successful.

Have a great day everyone.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...hello group...I don't know how I missed yesterday here!...

...I've been pretty busy...yesterday I was dealing with no electricity going to the place we're selling and I had horrible thoughts of the expense I would be dealing with, but the electrician went over today and informed me everything was fine...turns out I was trying to "fix" the electrical breaker for the other lot which I have turned off at the electric company!...talk about feeling like an idiot!...
...then I spent a lot of time working on our auction rules for the club meeting on the 6th...they're done!....

...have a fellow coming by shortly to get some yellow shrimp...he's ordered a dozen and he'll get about 15 because there are some immatures in there...

...I went to a 2nd opinion ortho today for my knees...really a helpful humble surgeon who answered many of my questions before I could ask them...then when I did ask he was totally forthcoming with the answers and not a bit condescending...he appears to be in the late 30s to mid 40s, which I feel is a good age...recent enough our of med school and experienced backing him up...surgery is planned for July12, after we get back from Maui....! mim

...Memorial Day will find us at home, but we will probably go to our pool some and have a lunch with other people at our clubhouse or by the pool...Lucy is helping with the ballroom decorations...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Ah Maui, how I would love to go there again someday!  We spent 4 days there in 2001, just a few mo. before 9-11.  Hope your knee surgery goes real well and you will be out of pain.  Willie I hope you finally got rain?
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on May 28, 2021, 03:24:18 PM
Ah Maui, how I would love to go there again someday!  We spent 4 days there in 2001, just a few mo. before 9-11.  Hope your knee surgery goes real well and you will be out of pain.  Willie I hope you finally got rain?
Barb

Barb I got plenty of rain the day before yesterday. waiting for more tonight. it was supposed to be here at 4:00 pm. Still waiting. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

The showers that I was supposed to get passed me by.  I'll be out watering tomorrow.  Then I'll make some of my excellent Nutella brownies;D

Ron Sower

...uh...no rain here...
...uh...no Nutella brownies here either! ;D ...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on May 28, 2021, 03:24:18 PM
Barb
...thank you, Barb... :)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron