• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 01:19:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 176
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 163
Total: 163

Happy Wednesday all

Started by LizStreithorst, May 26, 2021, 12:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good morning friends.  It's partly cloudy here but the temps are going up to 85 later.  I'm in the process of watering the last 2 of the 5 gardens that were asking for water.  I'll be seeing some cleome flowers later today and then the daylily's will get to blooming in the next day or two.  Not many flowers on my rose this year.  I think that after all the heavy pruning I did on it in February made it decide to concentrate on vegetative growth this year.

Barb, you will be proud of me.  I have an appointment with a pain doctor next Wed at 2.  I was going to put it off like I put everything I don't like doing off.  It took them calling me.  The nurse said that they could get me in tomorrow!  I told her I was going to have to put off going for a month.  Otherwise I would pee positive for pot (ppp for short).  I told her the truth, that I like to smoke it in the evening after I've done everything that needed doing, because it helps my body relax.  She told me that they could still do stuff like injections in my spine if they thought it would help me, they just could not prescribe narcotics if I were to ppp.  That's great.  I can't wait to go.  Perhaps I will get some relief.

I have everything done in the fish room that needed doing.  All I have to do now is sit here and twiddle my thumbs until my shrimp arrive Friday.

My sweet neighbor Jack is out front mowing my lawn.  Bless his heart.  Riding the mower is about the only thing he can do any more.  Hope y'all have a good day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Good afternoon Liz!  Glad to hear about the pain Dr.  I bet he/she will be able to do a procedure to help you , rather than just pills.  They have so many things they can do.  Will be anxious to hear how it goes.

Today is very hot and steamy after the 4" rainfall yesterday, over 90.  Not a drop visible anywhere, all puddles dried up fast in this heat.  Feels more like Aug. than May.  Thank goodness for AC in my house and car.  When I said that to Bill he would always say "Thank Mr. Carrier".  True.

My yellow shrimp are having a population explosion.  Can hardly believe how many and fast they are cranking them out.  Not sure what to do with them all.  I hate to use them as food for my discus and angels but may have no choice.  I sure won't be watching if I have to do that later on. 

Hope you all have a good rest of  Wed.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Sell them on AB, Barb.  Yellows bring a decent price.

wsantia1

Hello Liz, Barb and everyone. It 's a pretty hot and hazy day here but I am on a thorms watch and they said we have a 70% chance of getting some.

Liz hopefully your pain doc can provide you with some relief other than meds. Please keep us posted. I've back out of the spine needles before. Now after all that has happened in the last 1.5 years I may have a change of heart.

My neighbor gave me a large gummy and told me it will help with my pain. I took a third of one an  I am just coming down from the clouds. Here in Delaware we can get medicinal but not recreational. This was medicinal. It was good but I didn't get any work done today.

Hopefully everyone is having a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Thanks, Willie.  I'd rather stay away from opioids because I know I have an addictive personality.  I sure don't want anything that will make me sit on my ass all day.  I just want to be able to get up and work.

My neighbor Shawn is working on putting an addition to the house Jack and Judy are letting him and their daughter live in.  They have a trailer in a spot even more isolated than my house but it's not in the best of shape and is too small for him, his wife April, and his two kids.  I pity him because lumber is so expensive these days and also because they are having to give up the most secluded spot,  But April will be right next door to her mom and dad who are my age and also have health problems.

As much as I hate having to ask for favors, I saw that he got another load of fill dirt and thought that he might have some left once he filled in his own holes.  I asked him if he had left over if he would bring me a scoop to put in the holes in my driveway.  I couldn't even do it if I was physically able because Charlotte is out of commission.  He had never be so gracious before when I would ask him for a favor.  He would always do it, but I always though that he considered it an imposition.  Not this time.

wsantia1

The Thorms are nearby. I sure hope we get some rain out of it. So far we are just out of the zone. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 26, 2021, 12:12:14 PM
Good morning friends.  It's partly cloudy here but the temps are going up to 85 later.  I'm in the process of watering the last 2 of the 5 gardens that were asking for water.  I'll be seeing some cleome flowers later today and then the daylily's will get to blooming in the next day or two.  Not many flowers on my rose this year.  I think that after all the heavy pruning I did on it in February made it decide to concentrate on vegetative growth this year.

Barb, you will be proud of me.  I have an appointment with a pain doctor next Wed at 2.  I was going to put it off like I put everything I don't like doing off.  It took them calling me.  The nurse said that they could get me in tomorrow!  I told her I was going to have to put off going for a month.  Otherwise I would pee positive for pot (ppp for short).  I told her the truth, that I like to smoke it in the evening after I've done everything that needed doing, because it helps my body relax.  She told me that they could still do stuff like injections in my spine if they thought it would help me, they just could not prescribe narcotics if I were to ppp.  That's great.  I can't wait to go.  Perhaps I will get some relief.

I have everything done in the fish room that needed doing.  All I have to do now is sit here and twiddle my thumbs until my shrimp arrive Friday.

My sweet neighbor Jack is out front mowing my lawn.  Bless his heart.  Riding the mower is about the only thing he can do any more.  Hope y'all have a good day.
...I'm proud of you too and happy for you...my pain group suggested I try pot, so i take some ingestibles occasionally...with a Medical Marijuana Card, they don't worry about the usage...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 26, 2021, 04:05:41 PM
Hello Liz, Barb and everyone. It 's a pretty hot and hazy day here but I am on a thorms watch and they said we have a 70% chance of getting some.

Liz hopefully your pain doc can provide you with some relief other than meds. Please keep us posted. I've back out of the spine needles before. Now after all that has happened in the last 1.5 years I may have a change of heart.

My neighbor gave me a large gummy and told me it will help with my pain. I took a third of one an  I am just coming down from the clouds. Here in Delaware we can get medicinal but not recreational. This was medicinal. It was good but I didn't get any work done today.

Hopefully everyone is having a great day.
...LMOA!...that's what happens to me...just space out...I should try it while I'm working on my dragonstone...stoned on stone!... w!w w!w w!w
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 26, 2021, 06:10:07 PM
Thanks, Willie.  I'd rather stay away from opioids because I know I have an addictive personality.  I sure don't want anything that will make me sit on my ass all day.  I just want to be able to get up and work.

My neighbor Shawn is working on putting an addition to the house Jack and Judy are letting him and their daughter live in.  They have a trailer in a spot even more isolated than my house but it's not in the best of shape and is too small for him, his wife April, and his two kids.  I pity him because lumber is so expensive these days and also because they are having to give up the most secluded spot,  But April will be right next door to her mom and dad who are my age and also have health problems.

As much as I hate having to ask for favors, I saw that he got another load of fill dirt and thought that he might have some left once he filled in his own holes.  I asked him if he had left over if he would bring me a scoop to put in the holes in my driveway.  I couldn't even do it if I was physically able because Charlotte is out of commission.  He had never be so gracious before when I would ask him for a favor.  He would always do it, but I always though that he considered it an imposition.  Not this time.
...it's hard for me to ask people to help with things that I used to be able to do that seemed so easy at the time...but there is a time to let them help...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron