• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 05:35:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 197
Total: 197

Tuesday Once Again

Started by wsantia1, May 25, 2021, 10:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It's a pretty cool morning here in the "Northern Mid-Atlantic" with the current temp at 67 degrees and climbing to 78 by this afternoon. It is partly cloudy with zero rain in sight. They say rain is possible tomorrow. huh

I am in the fishroom playing with the shrimp tanks. I pulled out a bunch of subwassertang and shook it out into some of the shrimp tank water and there were so many yellow baby shrimp in there that I immediately dropped it back into the tank. I can't prep the 10g tank fast enough. Maybe I should prep a 20G.

I see that my blue shrimp have finally come out of hiding and they also have some newborns. The green jades need a totally new setup.

Have a great day everyone.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...Hi Willie!...so, looks like you're becoming the shrimpanator!  ;D ;D... my yellows are out of control too...I have no room for more shrimp tanks, though...
...I do have another rack coming from Amazon Thursday that I'm going to try to squeeze into an area to the left of my desk...The purpose is to house more plants, but I have to move out a bookcase with a file hanger in the the bottom and I guess it will go into my bedroom...I really shouldn't be adding more tanks...what I have now is almost too much to manage and carry on with the other parts of my life...

...and hello to the rest of the "daily 4-some" + ghonk!...I'm going to take a moment now and catch up on what's been happening...

Barb...UFO house - cool!...wow! I'd love to get back the the east coast and visit the NC beaches again...use to love to go there with the kids (wife was kind of a stick in the mud so I enjoyed the fun the kids and I had!)

Willie...when I have assembly to do, I like to place and assemble it on a table top where I can sit in a chair or stool...or if that's not a convenient, then I just get into a room with a lot of open space and sit on the floor and spread out all the pieces to do it...

Liz...I'm sharing your pain with pain...while we were up in Wa and Or in the cooler temps and having to deal with stairs every day, the arthritis was in full bloom, thought my knees were going to give out...! Back home now and it has eased some but still a pain...going to the 2nd opinion orthopedic for my knees Thursday...not looking forward to probably hearing that the only options are to endure or replace... :(

...Looks like I have the property in Florence sold...received the down payment yesterday and we move to close on or before the 16th...yippeeeeeee!...

...I'm going down there this afternoon to see a friend in the hospital and check on our rentals...this will be after we have lunch at the Clubhouse...Lobster bisque  |eat| |eat| |eat| |^|

..Okay...guess that's all for now...I could write more, but you're probably already bored if you've even read this far :D :D :D ...I'll try to stay in touch better going forward...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi guys and Liz!  Well, the drought here is over, at least in my neighborhood.  In one hour this afternoon, over 4" of rain poured down,  Some damage to my yard but I can clean it up.  And this heavy rain wasn't even forcast.  They said 20% chance of showers.  Have been inside most of the day working on my violets.  Repotting them takes at least a week.  I stand at my kitchen sink to do it all, when my back or feet start hurting I sit for awhile.  My house floor is just vinyl over concrete.  Hard to stand in one place for long.  Hope  all of you in pain can get help with it. 
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good evening fish friends.  Oh what I difference a drug can make.  I got my Tramadol yesterday.  It seems like it's been forever since I was halfway worthless rather than 80% worthless.  What a relief.  I probably shouldn't, but I'm going to put off making an appointment with the pain doctor a while.

It's quite warm here.  88 for the high, hardly a cloud in the sky. 

When I hooked up my sprinkler yesterday evening it was hopelessly broken so first thing this morning I ran in to Ellisville for a new one.  Got home, got it going on the veggie garden and went to rinsing the pool sand I bought from my neighbor.  That was the ugliest dirty grey stuff you have ever seen.  I called a couple of pool supply places and there stuff was nasty grey or nasty brown as well.  I hopped in the car again and headed to the LFS where I should have bought the sand in the first place.  25 lbs of pretty silica sand for $25 list price.  I'm sure I paid around half that amount because they always give me what I get there at cost.  I'd outsmarted myself.  I spent over twice of what I would have spent if I'd been smart and bought there in the first place.  I didn't even have to rinse that sand before I added water!

I took Twee some Gladiolas from along the fence line and a dozen and 1/2 eggs.  The Glads delighted her.  She loves flowers and used to buy them just to have in the house but she doesn't any more because she's always at work.  She said that she's tried to failed at growing anything but succulents so these days that's all she grows.  Succulents don't really ring my bell.  I'll have to take her some of my Glads and Iris this winter.  Mine survive on their own with no care at all. 

Then I cooked some lovely pasta with shrimp, mushrooms, onion, garlic, and soy sauce.  Very quick, easy, delicious and filling.  I needed a nap!

Then WC and now the day is soon coming to an end.

Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Hey, Barb.  We posted at the same time.  Wow, that wasn't rain, the heavens opened up on you.  I swear, there's something wrong in the weather forecasts.
Always move forward. Never look back.