• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 11:55:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 236
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 237
Total: 237

Monday morn.

Started by Barb, May 24, 2021, 07:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning folks!  It was 93 here yesterday, had to finally turn on my AC.  Still no rain, another drought.  Lawns all dying.  My neighbor's duck nest with 12 eggs in it, disappeared a few days ago, I think a fox got and ate all the eggs, but the mom is back now, maybe more eggs coming for the fox to eat again?

I have indoor plant work to do most of the day. All fish and shrimp are well here.  But my pond is turning green from the all day sun and high heat, need to replace the UV bulb I think.  The fish sure don't mind green water but I do.  Have a good day!
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good morning Barb.  93!  I can't believe it.  It was in the mid 80's here yesterday.  I didn't turn on the AC but since I went to bed at 6:30 while it was still warm I turned on a fan in the bedroom to keep me and the dogs comfortable.

I figured I'd check in today while I'm still cheerful and free of pain.  It's amazing what 12 hrs of laying flat on my back does for me.  I'm just waiting for 9 O'clock so I can call Dr. Beaman to have my tramadol re-filled and get a recommendation for the best pain doctor.

Despite the misery I was in yesterday I did my best to push thorough it.  All the laundry including stinky dog beds, blankets and pads was washed, hung to dry, and brought back in, folded and put away.  I got both the house and fish room cleaner.  The fish room was really a mess.

I think that since I'm not hurting right now I'll try to stay that way by taking it easy today.  Pushing on through the pain just doesn't work with this condition.

My blue and green shrimp will be shipped today.  All I have to do is get the sand in their tanks and I'll be ready for them.  Since it involves carrying I may put that off until tomorrow.  I have some pieces of driftwood that need plants glued to them.  That's all that's on my schedule for today.  I don't have to feel guilty about not doing anything physical.  I know I'm not lazy or a sissy girl.

Sorry you're burning up with heat, Greg.  It usually goes from winter to summer overnight here.  This year we had a nice long Spring for a change.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning Barb, Liz and everyone. It is cloudy and cool here today. There were a few sprinkles of rain but only sprinkles. I still had to water my lawn and outside plants. High temp today is 67 degrees. We've gone from the mid 90s to the mid 60s for the high temp overnight. huh

I've been assembling some cheap lawn furniture most of the morning. I hate the way the instructions are done these days. The drawings don't work for me and I end up having to redo stuff. I know I am going to hurt later on and not because I was lifting anything heavy but because I had to get into awkward positions (for me) to get things right with this assembly.

Liz like you I take tramadol for my pain but here they don't allow refills on it and I have to see the doctor each time I need more. I was doing telemedicine for the last year but I have an in office appointment for June 1st. I am rationing the amount I pain meds that I have left. huh

Have a great day everyone.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Wow, down here we can have to refill the script every 3 months and I can do it over the phone to my Doctor's nurse. 

Do you have to pee in a cup every time you go to the pain doctor over there?

It's hot.  I don't like watering in the full sun.  Sometimes it steams things.  I'm all set up to water after I do WC in the fish room.  I pulled a few cloves of garlic whose tops had fallen over and I pulled 3 Vidalia onions that had gotten big.  Everything except the smallest of the garlics and the smallest of the onions are hung to dry with a fan blowing on the in the bedroom.  It's the way I dry Pot.  I hope it works for onions and garlic.

I love eating stuff that I've grown.  The first small harvest of anything gets me hungry for it.  I cooked something that came out of my own head.  I minced part of the fresh garlic and fresh onion and caramelized them in a good hung of butter over very low heat for 12 minutes.  Then I lightly whisked 2 of my hens fresh eggs lightly added Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, tossed it into the same pan and cooked it while gently folding it all together.  Had it with a sourdough English muffin.  I can't believe how something so simple could be so good.
Always move forward. Never look back.