• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 05:18:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 147
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 154
Total: 154

Thursday greeting

Started by Barb, May 06, 2021, 07:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning Willie, Liz and Ron, and maybe Dennis.  After 2 quite hot days here, now it is cool again.  The rollercoaster continues.  I have another busy day planned, some outdoor work but mostly indoor jobs that are plant related.  Hope you all have a good day!
Barb :)

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. It is much cooler than the last two days but the sun is out and there is no rain in the forecast until tomorrow.

Our high temp today will 66 degrees and it would be a good day to work outside but I have a few things to take care of in the fishroom first. The Rams look like they have settled in nicely so I am happy about that.

Hopefully everyone has a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

'Morning friends.  I finally got the garden planted in front of my office windows.  All I did was move some Cleome that had come up where it didn't belong.  I mixed in a couple of Cannabis plants so we'll see how that goes.

I'm going to head up to the nursery in a bit and see if they have some petunias for my round garden under the bird feeder.  I know for a fact that chickens don't like it.  Also some impatiens because it looks like the seeds I got from the Dollar Store aren't going to come up.  From what I understand none of the garden centers have much of a selection.  Since so many folks have turned to gardening during the pandemic the growers are having a hard time keeping up with demand.  Wish me luck...

Later I'll go into Ellisville and visit Charlotte.  It looks like the wiring harness on the wrecked truck I bought for her should transfer so I'll probably be having a second truck towed.

Don't worry, be happy, right?  I sure am trying...
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Just an update...The nursery was totally sold out of everything except some peppers and 'maters.  I guess what I'll have to do is depend on my Cleome for the round garden as well. 

I didn't see Charlotte outside BJ's shop so I thought she might be inside.  Alas, he had her hidden behind vehicles ahead of her.  I went in and talked to him and he hadn't even looked at her.  He tried to pop the hood but it wouldn't open for him either.  I couldn't open it.  My neighbor Sean, the line backer type guy couldn't open it, but the fireman was able to pop it open.  At least now I don't feel so stupid about not being able to put out the fire more quickly.  It turns out that since Charlotte is a standard and the wreck is an automatic the wiring harness will be different.  BJ told me not to give up hope.  I know that he's a good mechanic and a good man and if there isn't a world of wiring involved he will get Charlotte back on her feet (um...wheels) if it can be done.

The most stressful part of the day at noon when I realized that Humana had not refilled my prescription for Gabapentin.  I am sure that when I got the email message from them I clicked for them to check with my doctor to refill it, but I must be wrong.  When I called them they had no record of it.  Now, I've managed before when I ran out of Tramadol back before humana.  I know from having tried once on a weekend to get by with out Gabapentin that it was hell.  It all worked out.  Humana's refill will be on it's way and get here next week.  And my wonderful doctor called me another scrip into my local pharmacy.

The best part of the day was when my last auction for my Pitch Black Rams sold on AB.  I will have 3 boxes to send out tomorrow.  One is a double order!  Who would ever thunk that my fish, nothing but a silly hobby, would be able to help me pay for Charlotte.

wsantia1

Liz , sorry to hear that Charlotte is still in the line to get fixed. I sure hope they get her going for you soon. Is Gabapentin a pain med? I never heard of it.

It sounds like those Pitch Black Rams have been very good for you. They have moved ahead of my Angels as my favorite fish not counting my Altums.

Of course I love my shrimp too.
Willie

LizStreithorst

Altums are in a class of their own.  You are very lucky to have such beauties.

I have been very lucky with my Pitch Blacks.  I stumbled upon a fish that I thought would be entertaining trying to breed and it turned out that I was able to breed a ton of fish that were in high demand.  The gods smiled on me.

Gabapentin is for only nerve pain.  It works for me  since the discs in my back are degenerating it puts pressure on the nerves in a way that rather than feeling most of the pain in my back the pain goes from my back to my hip.  It's a wonder drug for me.  It doesn't make me high because it controls the nervous system rather than the opioid receptors.  It was originally developed to treat seizures but it didn't work too well with most seizures.  They realized that a side effect was that it help pain due to compressed nerves.  It's most always prescribed these days for what I'm using it for.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 06, 2021, 04:34:02 PM
Altums are in a class of their own.  You are very lucky to have such beauties.

I have been very lucky with my Pitch Blacks.  I stumbled upon a fish that I thought would be entertaining trying to breed and it turned out that I was able to breed a ton of fish that were in high demand.  The gods smiled on me.

Gabapentin is for only nerve pain.  It works for me  since the discs in my back are degenerating it puts pressure on the nerves in a way that rather than feeling most of the pain in my back the pain goes from my back to my hip.  It's a wonder drug for me.  It doesn't make me high because it controls the nervous system rather than the opioid receptors.  It was originally developed to treat seizures but it didn't work too well with most seizures.  They realized that a side effect was that it help pain due to compressed nerves.  It's most always prescribed these days for what I'm using it for.

Thanks for that info Liz. I'll ask my doctor if it will be useful for me during my next visit.
Willie