• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 02:05:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 161
Total: 162

Monday Monday

Started by Barb, May 03, 2021, 02:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi folks, are you all?  Just had a real toad floater this afternoon, finally.  It was badly needed, so now things that were dying will come back to life I bet. Lawns were brown, now will get green.  My pond is overflowing.  But the thunder and lightening I could have done without.  It actually scared me a couple times.  Liz, you would have loved it!  Hope you got rain too. How is it up your way Willie?  Ron is out west, far far away...
Barb

wsantia1

Hi Barb and everyone. I hope all is well. I don't know about everyone else but I was unable to get into the site this morning. I kept getting "server is busy" error messages. I guess Dennis did his magic behind the scenes to free up the server. Thank you Dennis.

It's been a mostly cloudy day here but it looks like the showers will begin to move in momentarily. We may have T-storms with high winds and hail if the worst of the forecasts is the correct one. We shall see.

Wishing you all a great rest of the day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Hi friends.  I really missed the place while we were down.  Something as silly as a forum with a few friends being gone meant that I wouldn't be able to get together as a group anymore.  One thing that would be nice to have is a chat room, but I don't know how difficult or costly it would be or even if one would be compatible with the forum software.  Whether is was due to Dennis or the internet gods I sure am glad that we're back up again.

I got 3 shipments of Rams sent off earlier.  I need to put up more auctions.  Willie, I'll PM you your tracking number in a minute.

We haven't had any drenching rain but what we have had was enough to make the growing things happy.  Some places in north Mississippi had bad tornados last night.  The weather is very unsettled here.  It's overcast, then the sun comes out.  We get some pleasant winds and then it becomes very calm.  They say that Wed. is the day that the big rains will come.  If they do the soil had already had enough to be able to absorb more.  It's supposed to hit 90 today so I'm in shorts and a tank top.  I hope I don't have to turn on the AC because I like outside air best.  I need to buy more cheap box fans to put in the windows.  As long as air is moving I'm OK until summer hits.

The daddy long finned albino snot that I moved to the little 5 gallon released his kids the same night.  I didn't know that the kids were that far along.

My yellow shrimp are reproducing like crazy as are my Reds that colored up after a couple of days.  The red rili's are recovering  since the BN have been removed.  I've decided to get a Matten divider for my 60 wide and go on search for Blues and Greens.  I'll be going to the LFS probably Wed to get a couple of 150 watt heaters and replace one that I broke.  Seems like whenever I have money in my PayPal accost I spend it on fish stuff.

I went to 3 different stores in Ellisville and nobody was wearing a mask but me.  Is it that way where y'all live?
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 03, 2021, 02:38:57 PM
Hi friends.  I really missed the place while we were down.  Something as silly as a forum with a few friends being gone meant that I wouldn't be able to get together as a group anymore.  One thing that would be nice to have is a chat room, but I don't know how difficult or costly it would be or even if one would be compatible with the forum software.  Whether is was due to Dennis or the internet gods I sure am glad that we're back up again.

I got 3 shipments of Rams sent off earlier.  I need to put up more auctions.  Willie, I'll PM you your tracking number in a minute.

We haven't had any drenching rain but what we have had was enough to make the growing things happy.  Some places in north Mississippi had bad tornados last night.  The weather is very unsettled here.  It's overcast, then the sun comes out.  We get some pleasant winds and then it becomes very calm.  They say that Wed. is the day that the big rains will come.  If they do the soil had already had enough to be able to absorb more.  It's supposed to hit 90 today so I'm in shorts and a tank top.  I hope I don't have to turn on the AC because I like outside air best.  I need to buy more cheap box fans to put in the windows.  As long as air is moving I'm OK until summer hits.

The daddy long finned albino snot that I moved to the little 5 gallon released his kids the same night.  I didn't know that the kids were that far along.

My yellow shrimp are reproducing like crazy as are my Reds that colored up after a couple of days.  The red rili's are recovering  since the BN have been removed.  I've decided to get a Matten divider for my 60 wide and go on search for Blues and Greens.  I'll be going to the LFS probably Wed to get a couple of 150 watt heaters and replace one that I broke.  Seems like whenever I have money in my PayPal accost I spend it on fish stuff.

I went to 3 different stores in Ellisville and nobody was wearing a mask but me.  Is it that way where y'all live?

Hi Liz. Around here you have to wear a mask to go into stores and shopping centers and there are still limits on how many people can go in a place at a time at any one time. The limits are higher now and you don't have to wear your mask outside if you stay 6 feet away from other people.

Thanks for the tracking #
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...hi gang!...thought I'd check in today...nothing going on here ...we had a great weekend of softball...Emery's team, St. Martin's Universty, ended up splitting the 4 games 2 & 2, and are going on to the GNAC playoffs...Great Northwest Athletic Conference...the girls team leaves Wednesday for Monmouth, OR...we'll leave Thursday morning to arrive in time for the first game...the weather is in the 60s here and we're feeling cold all the time...Lucy's eating her down jacket inside!!!😁😁😁

...A little while ago I laid out and connected a drip system for Jen, my bonus daughter which I was fortunate enough to acquire by marrying Lucy...it was a simple system that we sent her for Christmas and would have set it up for her then,, but didn't make the trio due to Covid...

...certain counties here in WA are stricter than others regarding Covid safety...the university campus requires everyone to wear masks there...there are restrictions to only 25% restaurant occupancy...strict masking unless actively engaged in eating, etc...

...I'm missing my aquarium room a lot...that's probably a bad sign of a serious dependency syndrome conditioor something like that🤣🤣🤣🤣...

...regarding mention of our little group here on a forum...if we wanted to we could develop a closed group on a Facebook page...but then we'd miss the occasional visits here from our less involved Muggers...

...You guys keep the fish and shrimps rolling along...
...I'll check in again in a couple days or so....
...happy aquariuming...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron