• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 01:02:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 176
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 166
Total: 166

Happy Friday

Started by wsantia1, April 30, 2021, 08:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I hope that you all are well. It's a bit windy here today but at least it's in the 60s and we will get up to 70 degrees this afternoon.

I've been tracking my package of Green Jades that is scheduled for delivery today. The package was 30 miles away from me in Wilmington on Wednesday morning and I was hopeful that I would get it yesterday at the latest.

Instead of dispatching the package on a truck coming down to my local station someone sent the package to Philly which is 75 miles to the north of me.

The package stayed in Philly only about 1 hour before it was dispatched again. After that the tracking system went dark and I didn't know what was going on until the package showed up on the delivery truck this morning.

While the scheduled delivery day is today and the package is "technically" on time, this package would have been delivered on Wednesday before the recent changes in the USPS. This is sad. :(

Wishing everyone a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...Willie...I've got the same thing going on...It's a 2 hour drive between phoenix and Tucson..., fella mailed me plants Monday...receipt said Thursday delivery...that's bad enough...but would get here in time for me to get them situated before I'd leave today... well, they didn't arrive yesterday at all...so I pulled up tracking again and the package went to Phoenix Distribution Center on Tuesday at 6:13AM, then went to LAS VEGAS, arriving there at 4:11AM and then at 4:13AM headed back to Phoenix!!!! ...and said expected delivery was by 8:00PM...[b]FAT CHANCE THAT HAPPENED!!![/b]...WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE JACKWAGONS?????... >:( >:( >:( >:(

...YES, I'M GRUMPY!!!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 30, 2021, 12:04:45 PM
...Willie...I've got the same thing going on...It's a 2 hour drive between phoenix and Tucson..., fella mailed me plants Monday...receipt said Thursday delivery...that's bad enough...but would get here in time for me to get them situated before I'd leave today... well, they didn't arrive yesterday at all...so I pulled up tracking again and the package went to Phoenix Distribution Center on Tuesday at 6:13AM, then went to LAS VEGAS, arriving there at 4:11AM and then at 4:13AM headed back to Phoenix!!!! ...and said expected delivery was by 8:00PM...[b]FAT CHANCE THAT HAPPENED!!![/b]...WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE JACKWAGONS?????... >:( >:( >:( >:(

...YES, I'M GRUMPY!!!...

Ron have a safe trip and a great time. BTW my shrimp arrived alive and well. The guy gave me 7 extra and they are young and beautiful so I am very happy now. mim mim mim
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 30, 2021, 08:44:43 AM
Good morning everyone. I hope that you all are well. It's a bit windy here today but at least it's in the 60s and we will get up to 70 degrees this afternoon.

I've been tracking my package of Green Jades that is scheduled for delivery today. The package was 30 miles away from me in Wilmington on Wednesday morning and I was hopeful that I would get it yesterday at the latest.

Instead of dispatching the package on a truck coming down to my local station someone sent the package to Philly which is 75 miles to the north of me.

The package stayed in Philly only about 1 hour before it was dispatched again. After that the tracking system went dark and I didn't know what was going on until the package showed up on the delivery truck this morning.

While the scheduled delivery day is today and the package is "technically" on time, this package would have been delivered on Wednesday before the recent changes in the USPS. This is sad. :(

The shrimp came in and they were in the best condition I've ever received shrimp. They are beauties too. I have them acclimating at the moment. I am very happy. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 30, 2021, 01:09:03 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on April 30, 2021, 08:44:43 AM

The shrimp came in and they were in the best condition I've ever received shrimp. They are beauties too. I have them acclimating at the moment. I am very happy. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
|^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 30, 2021, 12:04:45 PM

...YES, I'M GRUMPY!!!...
...looks like the package is supposed to come today...If so, that's good...and I'll let the grumpiness go...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi guys, glad to hear your bad news turned to good news later today Willie.  And Ron I do hope your box gets to you in time.  I have had the exact thing happen to my shipped packages many times. I sent a friend a holiday gift in mid Dec.  She lives just 150 mi. from me.  It took that box 1 month to reach her.  I send out my cones only by UPS now, costs a tiny bit more, but they get there on time, nothing broken either.

I was to go to the beach today, but high winds there kept me away.  Sand blowing sideways is not my idea of fun there.  And my beach umbrella, new, would have blown away. 
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon friends.  Seems that we all know the pain of USPS Priority now.  UPS and FedEX are almost 50 miles round trip for me so I'm stuck with USPS.  I've started putting in my AB auctions that I can only guarantee live delivery with Express.  I've only had one box late with Express and it was just late by a few hours.

I did a dog earlier.  An old customer with an old dog.  Dog had fleas which I despise since I'm working from home with my 6 dogs around.  So far I've been lucky and only had my dogs catch them once.  I'm very careful with flea dogs but all it takes is for one or two to drop off and spread to my critters.

Then to the vet for meds for Tink who is having a harder time now.  I think the heat and humidity makes her worse.  I might just buy a window unit for the bedroom and keep her mostly in there.  She doesn't do any running and playing any more. 

Then off to the feed store for the horse.  Then to the supermarket for me, and to a discount tobacco store next door to which has some pretty decent imported cigars.

It's overcast but we've had very little rain.  If we don't get some by morning I may run the sprinkler.  I have veggies and various flower seeds planted that need it.
Always move forward. Never look back.