• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 11:02:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 159
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 146
Total: 148

Thursday greeting

Started by Barb, April 29, 2021, 06:17:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi everybody, sorry I missed posting yesterday, it was just a very busy day and I had no time online.  Today will also be like that so I am starting out here.  Still no rain, but quite hot.  It was almost 90 yesterday!  And same for today.  It has been so long since it rained here, I forget when that was.

The people next door, put up one of those ugly trampolines with the high black net, right next to my fence.   So I see faces constantly jumping up, peering into my yard, etc.  I bought 3 good screening, evergreen, fast growing shrubs, Verbena, that I will plant by that side of my yard.  I want my fenced yard private so will do what I  need to keep it that way.  Liz, what is the wet it and forget it stuff?  I want some, can I get it here or do I need to order it online?  You all have a good day, and Ron hope you have a great trip!
Barb

wsantia1

Hi Barb and everyone.  Barb that trampoline situation sucks. I see them all around but not in my subdivision because we are a 55+ community.

As for rain we are getting some right now but I don't think it will enough for my greenery. I actually watered my grass yesterday. It's going up to 85+ degrees today  after the rain stops.

I will be putzing in the fish room today. I have to prune the Java Moss because it have overtaken my shrimp tanks. I have to b careful that I don't take out any shrimp while I am pruning. huh

Have great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Hi Barb and Willie and Ron if he pops in before he leaves to watch his granddaughter play soft ball.

Barb, you can't fool me.  I know you.  You were up to no good.  I got my Wet It And Forget It on Amazon after I heard some contractore and home inspectors in my Public Radio station raving about it.  I'm sure it's also available at the big box stores as well.  https://www.amazon.com/Forget-Mildew-Algae-Stain-Remover/dp/B078K3Q273/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2TCC1U1G7HCHD&dchild=1&keywords=wet+it+and+forget+it+outdoor&qid=1619709965&sprefix=wet+it+and%2Caps%2C208&sr=8-3

The Nurse that was supposed to come canceled.  I'll set the appointment up again later.  Tuesday I have an appointment to have Big Head's knee rechecked.  He's doing much better and I'm hoping they will say that the surgery isn't yet necessary.  I have to keep reminding to take it easy which is hard when all my animals are able to run free.

We have rain coming in tomorrow so it's a good day to finish up my gardening stuff.  I just dig up the soil in these places and wait for stuff to come up on it's own.  I can always count on Cleome which is already coming up all over the yard.  Sometimes I'll get a special gift from the gods like last year's petunia.  I'll cover the areas with chicken wire after I turn the soil.  It doesn't keep the chickens from walking on it but they can't scratch everything up.

Unfortunately the mosquitos are out in masses.  This always happens for a few weeks in Spring and then they suddenly disappear.  I think that they come from down in the swamp because my mosquito cultures have had no mosquito rafts or wigglers.  I cover myself in Adams flea spray which keeps them off quite well and isn't greasy feeling like OFF.  So far I've just done the easy stuff like sow Portulaca on the vegetable beds.  I planted it pretty thick in hope that it will keep the weeds down since I can't get mulch with Charlotte under the weather.  I better get to digging.  Thank God my back is up to it.  It had better be considering all the time I spent flat on my back resting it yesterday.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...Here I am...still Thursday....at least here! ... ;D ;D ;D

...I'm so pleased with me!...I had everything all ready and most of the clothes packed by this afternoon...fish, shrimp and snail food has been ready for 2 days...my eBay seller came by tonight and picked up plants that we think will take care of the next 17 days...got the office tank maintenance done today...traded some Salvinia with a lady for some extra ramshorn snails for the puffers...just finished the Congo 125 tank WC and will WC the tetra/rasbora 125 in the morning...

...we will leave the premises tomorrow around 1pm...

...I'll be checking in with you guys...it's just a pain to do it on my phone cause the print is so small...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron