• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 17, 2024, 08:36:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 210
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 117
Total: 117

Monday Monday

Started by Barb, April 26, 2021, 09:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi all, the week is starting with a lovely sunny day.  I worked in the backyard, on pottery, awhile ago and it was great out there.  I have my first clear pond, ever, in Spring.  Always had the Spring algae bloom, pea soup water, but not any more.  I gave in and put in a UV sterilizer last summer,  what a difference it makes.  Will never be without it now.  They cost a bit, but are so worth it.  I can see all the way to the bottom of the pond and have a clear view of my 7 fish, first time ever.  BTW, my pond is in full, all day, hot sunlight from May-Oct  Hope everyone has a good week.
Barb. 

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. I'm just waking up from a nap. huh It is still cool and breezy but the sun is shining brightly. We will get up to a high temp of 62 and will see temps get as high as 87 degrees on Wednesday and maybe Thursday. No rain in sight.

Now that I am fully awake it's time to set up a new 5G tank for the incoming shrimp. I'll take water, a sponge filter and java moss from an existing tank and I should be in good shape as long a I acclimate properly. Unfortunately my water is way too soft for shrimp so I have to prep it. It will be easier this time because I can take water from existing tanks.

Wishing everyone a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...Barb, so the UV bulb works!!!...that's great!...

...Willie, new shrimp...fantastic!...Are these the Jade greens from your other post?...

...our temps...77 today, 70 tomorrow, 80 Wednesday...right now it's cloudy with a light breeze...after Wednesday it looks like we'll be in the 90s pretty regularly...

...I'm gonna meet up with a gal and get some snails for my puffers today at noon...and I should have some glassine envelopes arrive today that I can put fishfood in so that Stan can just dump the right amount in every other day for me while I'm away for g-daughter's graduation...we leave Friday...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Hi guys and Barb.  I've been working in the yard, too.  I dug up some shady areas in the front and side of the house, planted Impatiens, and covered the areas with chicken wire to keep the dogs and chickens from digging in it.  I don't have much faith in these seeds from the Dollar Store and I'm unsure of whether or not the chickens will eat the plants if they do come up.  It's a good idea, though and certainly worth a try.

My shipment of 50 red shrimp that was lost in USPS hell arrived.  Most of the shrimp made it alive.  The quality is not great, but I suppose for the price I should have expected that.  If any of you have about a dozen good quality reds for sale give me a shout.

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 26, 2021, 12:54:56 PM
Hi guys and Barb.  I've been working in the yard, too.  I dug up some shady areas in the front and side of the house, planted Impatiens, and covered the areas with chicken wire to keep the dogs and chickens from digging in it.  I don't have much faith in these seeds from the Dollar Store and I'm unsure of whether or not the chickens will eat the plants if they do come up.  It's a good idea, though and certainly worth a try.

My shipment of 50 red shrimp that was lost in USPS hell arrived.  Most of the shrimp made it alive.  The quality is not great, but I suppose for the price I should have expected that.  If any of you have about a dozen good quality reds for sale give me a shout.

Wow Liz sorry about your shrimp. I wish I has some reds. They are on my wish list but I will wait until I get the green jade line going before I expand again.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

They're not that bad, Barb.  Just not as deep vibrant red as the best ones.
Always move forward. Never look back.