• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 11:30:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 133
Total: 133

Hello Friday Again

Started by wsantia1, April 23, 2021, 07:32:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Another crazy weather morning here with the temp at 36 degrees when I got up. the sun is shining brightly now and we are expecting to get up to a high of 63F by this afternoon. I can't wait for spring to become stable and winter to finally leave us.

I suppose I can get out and do some more outside work today while it is sunny and cool and hopefully I can put some of my plants in the ground soon. I also need to look around for a tree to put in the front of the house. I am thinking that my cherry blossom has bitten the dust. Hopefully I can find a replacement at a reasonable price. No more cherry blossoms though.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Happy Friday, Willie. I sure wish it would turn Spring there.  This year has been crazy weather for everyone except Ron who likes to bake.

I went to visit Twee this morning.  I took her eggs and a dozen mystery snails and picked up a 300 watt heater for a 60 gallon.  My young Discus keep growing and will soon have to be moved from their 29 into more spacious digs.  She wants me to take her 15 black rams tomorrow so I'll be seeing her again soon.  She got the J&J vaccine and said that she was sick for a week.  The very next day they announced the news about the blood clots.

I also visited the Asian market for the first time.  I was lost.  Most of the labels were in Chinese and the owner of the place wasn't very helpful.  I got some good home made Kimchee which is excellent, some firm Tofu, and several ingredients that I will use since I'm going through my Asian cooking phase.  I wish I'd had an Asian buddy with me to help, though.

I need to do WC on a few of my house tanks in a bit then maybe I'll play outside some.  No planting for me, though.  They say we'll have big bad storms coming in tonight.

Hope all of y'all are happy and having a good productive day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Good afternoon Willie and Liz, very cold here last night, frost on the roofs this morning.  But so far my new leaves on everything look OK.  A slight breeze saved them.  I had a great day going until awhile ago when I got stung on my left arm by a wasp making a nest right over my front door, unknown by me.  Looked up the nest type online, it is a brown wasp.  Hurts, but I have my arm wrapped in ammonia on papertowel, wrapped up in saran wrap.  Hot and swollen but pain isn't too bad, ammonia saves me!  Works great on fire ant stings too.  Nothing more to say now, plan to watch tv and do nothing for awhile.
Barb

wsantia1

I'm going next door in a little while for a neighbors birthday celebration. I don't really want to go but I have no good excuse not to. As of right now I don't want to drink any alcohol but once I get in there I may have a change of heart. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 23, 2021, 04:23:08 PM
I'm going next door in a little while for a neighbors birthday celebration. I don't really want to go but I have no good excuse not to. As of right now I don't want to drink any alcohol but once I get in there I may have a change of heart. huh
...I believe I remember you saying something similar this time lase year!... ;D ;D ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...well, yesterday I DID start on my taxes!...Yay for me!....today I slept til almost 11am...and then, after my cereal I DID finish my tax prep and DID get them in the mail to my accountant!..Yay! for me 2 days in a row!...

..after all that wonderful excitement, Miss Lucy and I went to the grocery store and the Dollar Tree!...big doings here folks! :D :D :D

...tonight a WC on the Congo tank and maintenance on all the 20g tanks...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron