• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 06:26:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 196
Total: 196

What a Thursday

Started by LizStreithorst, April 22, 2021, 11:20:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Thank God my depression lifted because this morning Charlotte the truck caught fire and I had to call 911.  I could see flames but the hood wouldn't open and I couldn't see where.  All I could do until the fire department showed up was run water on what seemed to be the hottest place.  I could tell it was hot there because when I ran water on her hood, the paint peeled off there.  I was able to stick the hose in the right place and by the time the firemen showed up the fire was out.

The wiring harness was completely melted.  I have another one on the junked truck I have.  I'm going to run to Ellisville and talk to Chip first.  He might just take pity on me and fix it for less than BJ would charge.  Otherwise I'll take her to BJ.  I hate to spend my stimulus check on something unexpected like this, but I need a farm truck.  At least I do have the money.

So much for going to the nursery for mulch today.  Headed to Ellisville now...I'll let you know how it works out.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Wow Liz, sure glad no other damage was done.  Was the truck next to Peamite when it caught fire? How scary!  Glad it was near a hose so you could use water on it.  And glad you weren't hurt!  Sure hope the rest of your day goes well.  I will try to call you tonight, about 6 your time.  Life sure can throw troubles in our way when we least expect it, right? 
Barb

LizStreithorst

I moved the Peamite far out of the way but the truck was right by the house which made everything all the more scary.  Now that it's over I'm emotionally spent.

Chip was working like a dog, when I stopped by.  He can't do the fix.  He has a newborn baby girl, Shelby Rose and is run ragged at work and at home with newborn stuff.  The baby is sick, his wife is sick and there in simply no time.  He reminded me that the junk truck I bought for Charlotte was a 6 cylinder while Charlotte is a 4 so the wiring harness is not transferable. 

BJ is so backed up with work that he doesn't even have a place to keep Charlotte until May 5th so I can't have her towed to him until May 5th.  I made her an appointment and will have Beech's towing haul her there then.  I suppose I should call around to junk yards and see if they can't find me a wiring harness on a junker for me.  Otherwise Charlotte will might cost more that I'm willing to spend on her.

I'm back down in the dumps.  I'll get over it.  This is not the end of the world.  It just sucks.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Wow Liz so sorry to hear about Charlotte. Glad to hear that you and your pets were not hurt. That's the most important thing. Hopefully it won't cost you too much to save Charlotte.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...that's a freaking bummer, Liz!...sorry you have to deal with it :'(...imaging how poor ol' Charlotte feels now... :( :(

......okay...today...FOR REAL... I'm going to start prepping our tax return information for the accountant!...HONEST!... I can't afford to put it off any longer...we're going to Tacoma for G-daughter's last softball games, graduation and graduation party...leaving the 30th and coming home the 16th...due day for tax returns to be in...

...still, though, I want to play with my fish and shrimps :-X :-X :-X ...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron