• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 09:01:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 157
Total: 157

Beautiful Tuesday

Started by wsantia1, April 20, 2021, 10:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. We are having a beautiful day here on the Delmarva peninsula with the current temp at 70 degrees and the high temp going up to 73F under completely sunny skies.

I've been working outside this morning getting rid of weeds and watering the vegetation. I decided to take a break before my allergies kick in but just working outside on such a nice day was a wonderful feeling.

Not much more is planned for today so I may end up doing water changes after I get a little rest. I've been up since 3:50 am for no good reason so I'm hoping to make up my sleep deficit with a nap.

All of you have a great day.   
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Hi folks.  I kept putting off my fencing job for the veggie garden because I knew it would make me hurt.  I finally did it today.  I hurt.  All the things that used to be so easy hurt me now.

I went to the feed store earlier and picked up 200 lbs of feed for Charlotte the horse.  Lately she's been eating me out of house and home, but she sure is looking healthy and fit.

My old dog, Big Head is doing somewhat better since he's been on meds for his knee problem.  I don't think he'll get over it without surgery, though.  I'll know more when he sees the vet in 10 more days.  I've always said that people who can't afford to take good care of their pets shouldn't have them.  I may have to spend 2/3 or my stimulus check on Big Head.  I'm hoping not.

As you can see, I'm kind of down in the dumps.  It's a shame to be so down on such a beautiful day.  I'm trying to pull myself out of it.  I know that it will pass.  It always does.  I have this thing where my downs are very very down and my highs are very very high.  I've been this way since puberty. 

Great news on my yellow shrimp.  I am seeing lots of little babies since I moved them away from the BN. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 20, 2021, 02:58:26 PM...my downs are very very down and my highs are very very high[/b][/u].  I've been this way since puberty.  This must be very hard to deal with...

Great news on my yellow shrimp.  I am seeing lots of little babies since I moved them away from the BN.
...Yea!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 20, 2021, 02:58:26 PM
Hi folks.  I kept putting off my fencing job for the veggie garden because I knew it would make me hurt.  I finally did it today.  I hurt.  All the things that used to be so easy hurt me now.

I went to the feed store earlier and picked up 200 lbs of feed for Charlotte the horse.  Lately she's been eating me out of house and home, but she sure is looking healthy and fit.

My old dog, Big Head is doing somewhat better since he's been on meds for his knee problem.  I don't think he'll get over it without surgery, though.  I'll know more when he sees the vet in 10 more days.  I've always said that people who can't afford to take good care of their pets shouldn't have them.  I may have to spend 2/3 or my stimulus check on Big Head.  I'm hoping not.

As you can see, I'm kind of down in the dumps.  It's a shame to be so down on such a beautiful day.  I'm trying to pull myself out of it.  I know that it will pass.  It always does.  I have this thing where my downs are very very down and my highs are very very high.  I've been this way since puberty. 

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 20, 2021, 02:58:26 PM...my downs are very very down and my highs are very very high[/b][/u].  I've been this way since puberty. This must be very hard to deal with...

Great news on my yellow shrimp.  I am seeing lots of little babies since I moved them away from the BN. ......Yea!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...Hello from sunny & 90 degree Apache Junction, AZ...

...went to My GP this morning...nice discussion pulling together all my recent ortho and pain doc visits since I last saw him...went over my last panel of blood tests...all's good there...He said that I'm really in good health for 74 years old, and that the only problem is my pain...this is good to know...

... visited my friend Ron R. while I was there and checked out the empty house...all's good there...now I'll hire one of the ladies that cleans homes in the community to give it a good going-over, the put it on the market as a FSBO...I've already had 4 people ask me to let them know when I do because they know someone that may want to buy it...most people end up finding our RV Park there through friends and/or relatives...that was us!...

...think I'll work on my tax prep...so I can get it to my accountant in time to file without an extension...

...good day all!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi everybody!  Willie I also worked outside, nice weather but we sure need rain here.  The soil is like brown powder.  Show us a pic of your new edging sometime?  Liz, sorry you are down but you will be better soon, I know it.  Let us know how Big Head does at his vet visit.  I agree, if one has pets they need to be well cared for, no matter what.  And Ron, hope you get a good price for your house!  And also good you are in such great health!  Health is wealth, I always heard.  Also finished my cones today, now to let them air dry for a week before I fire them.
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on April 20, 2021, 05:46:50 PM
Hi everybody!  Willie I also worked outside, nice weather but we sure need rain here.  The soil is like brown powder.  Show us a pic of your new edging sometime?  Liz, sorry you are down but you will be better soon, I know it.  Let us know how Big Head does at his vet visit.  I agree, if one has pets they need to be well cared for, no matter what.  And Ron, hope you get a good price for your house!  And also good you are in such great health!  Health is wealth, I always heard.  Also finished my cones today, now to let them air dry for a week before I fire them.
Barb

Barb, this is the left side of the house. It took me 120 brick like edging stones to cover everything.
Willie

Barb

Looks great Willie!  I can't believe how much your yard and house resemble my house, especially the porch and furniture there!  I will take a pic of my house and front yard later on to show you what I mean.  Is yours a craftsman bungalow like my house?  What a coincidence!  I have my front beds with rocks like you have the edging stones.  Good job!
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on April 21, 2021, 06:49:23 AM
Looks great Willie!  I can't believe how much your yard and house resemble my house, especially the porch and furniture there!  I will take a pic of my house and front yard later on to show you what I mean.  Is yours a craftsman bungalow like my house?  What a coincidence!  I have my front beds with rocks like you have the edging stones.  Good job!
Barb

Thanks Barb. My house is called a Foxglove Classic. The picture below is my exact house. it might even be a picture of my house.
Willie

Barb

Wow, very similar to my house!!  When I get my little lawn mowed, I will take a pic to show you and the others for comparison.  What a small world. 
Barb