• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 01:50:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,249
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 140
Total: 141

Friday Eve...!

Started by Ron Sower, April 15, 2021, 11:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...Hello all you guys!...

...I have busy day today...seems like someone is using our lots in our old home in Florence for parking and storage of vehicles without out permission...gotta take care of that and also get some pics of the place...the fella that was buying it on contract with us has defaulted and the place is vacant...he's supposed to come from Kansas on the 25th and get all his furniture and other personal property out so we can get it cleaned and sell it again...

...and I want to go help Stan and Barb paint a high spot they can't reach with a step ladder and I can very easily...I'm not nearly vertically challenged as they are! ;D ;D ;D ...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon Ron and all my other Wumper friends.  The big news today is that I got my beloved mower/trimmer back today.  Except for right now we have had nothing but rain.  As soon as it dries out a bit I'll be pushing the mower again.  I can't wait.  Pushing the mower is my main way to get decent exercise because it doesn't hurt when I push.

I got some fish moved around and was able to move all my yellow shrimp to where I had my female Betta.  She'd developed a tumor that was getting bigger.  I euthanized her to make room for the shrimp.  I got my adult male long finned pleco out from the tank where the Red Rili fish live and getting all his babies out and moved to the 30 in the office.  That tank was my bloody mary shrimp tank.  But their numbers had dwindled to the point that there were only 2 female shrimp left which I moved into a 5 gallon with a bunch of Mystery snails.  Anyone have some Red shrimp for sale?

It turns out that the rare bird that I saw on my feeder was not a Golden Crested Sparrow.  It was a White Throated Sparrow which we do have here.  I am no longer a legend in my own mind for seeing a rare bird.  Oh well...

To celibrate the homecoming of my mower I bought a cigar and beer, so right now I'm just chilling and enjoying myself.  Hope y'all have a lovely day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Another cool thing.  Felder stopped by to visit.  I hadn't seen him for years.  It was a lovely visit and he gave me a copy of his new book.

Barb

Hi, here I am, late.  All is OK here, just a busy day.  Have a long drive tomorrow to get clay for cones I need to make soon.  Liz did you show Felder the bottle chapel pic by chance?
Barb

LizStreithorst

No, I didn't even think of that.  We were chatting outside.  Your name did come up, though when I wondered how you were doing with your lawn crickets or whatever they're called.  Has the weather been suitable for you to treat yet?

Barb

The dang mole crickets are still here, but the local ag. ext. agent gave me info on how to treat.  First dose in June, second in Sept.  I did it the wrong time last Fall.  They are horrible.  I have a 20 lb bag of stuff to spread on the lawn.
Barb

LizStreithorst

And it's only your next door neighbor and you who have them?

Barb

All eastern NC is infested with them.  Some areas more than others.  Many yards in my neioghborhood are infested.

LizStreithorst

Oh my.  You will be battling them forever you know.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 15, 2021, 02:17:45 PM
Good afternoon Ron and all my other Wumper friends.  The big news today is that I got my beloved mower/trimmer back today.  Except for right now we have had nothing but rain.  As soon as it dries out a bit I'll be pushing the mower again.  I can't wait.  Pushing the mower is my main way to get decent exercise because it doesn't hurt when I push.

I got some fish moved around and was able to move all my yellow shrimp to where I had my female Betta.  She'd developed a tumor that was getting bigger.  I euthanized her to make room for the shrimp.  I got my adult male long finned pleco out from the tank where the Red Rili fish live and getting all his babies out and moved to the 30 in the office.  That tank was my bloody mary shrimp tank.  But their numbers had dwindled to the point that there were only 2 female shrimp left which I moved into a 5 gallon with a bunch of Mystery snails.  Anyone have some Red shrimp for sale?

It turns out that the rare bird that I saw on my feeder was not a Golden Crested Sparrow.  It was a White Throated Sparrow which we do have here.  I am no longer a legend in my own mind for seeing a rare bird.  Oh well...

To celibrate the homecoming of my mower I bought a cigar and beer, so right now I'm just chilling and enjoying myself.  Hope y'all have a lovely day.
...my Bloodys are slowly coming back...sorry I don't have any available for you now, Liz...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron, I broke down and bought some on Aquabid.  50 shrimp is more than I really wanted but 50 for $75 with free shipping was too good a deal to let go by.  They'll ship from California Monday.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 17, 2021, 12:40:52 PM
Ron, I broke down and bought some on Aquabid.  50 shrimp is more than I really wanted but 50 for $75 with free shipping was too good a deal to let go by.  They'll ship from California Monday.
|^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron