• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 09:39:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 128
Total: 128

Happy Hump Day

Started by Barb, April 14, 2021, 07:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi everyone!  A very nice day here, coolish but very sunny.  Tomorrow night will be in the 40's, rare for this time of year here.  Good thing I haven't planted any non hardy plants yet.  Too cold for tomatoes which most already have in the ground.  Not me.  Fish are all well, did my discus wc with my anti co2 net, not a single problem this time.   Willie, one of my yellows still has her berries! And all alive and healthy.  Now I just need greens and reds to complete my collection.  I even have tanks ready for them.  Liz, did you see my pics from yesterday?  You will like the bottles!  You all have a good day!
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. It's been a pretty good start to the day with sunny skies and the temp already at 61 degrees. We will top off at 68F before the rain moves in late in the afternoon.

Getting ready to take Kobe to the Vet for his wellness exam. He seems to be doing good but he is putting on weight and sleeping a lot more these days. It could be because he is 11 and is finally slowing up a bit but I need to stay up on his care.

I finally went to the Lowe's garden store to look around and get some weed killer. While there I picked up a couple of cheap marigold plants not really thinking that it is still too cold for them. They will be kept overnight in the garage for now.

Barb I think you also probably got a couple of saddled female shrimp too.  mim mim mim

Time to go to this appointment. Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...CRACKED UP WHEN I SAW THIS ONE! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

..Hope all you all are doing great today!...

...it's nice here...sunny and warm!...

..I think I'll pay bills and do a couple odd jobs here while Lucy goes to do cards this afternoon with the ladies...

...MY yellow shrimp are thriving bunch of females are berried and there are a good number of shrimplets all over the tank... Stan gave me all his Bloody Mary shrimp so I guess that will get my group a little further along to repopulating like they used to... blues are still lagging and I'm seeing no shrimplets...

...got the 75 moved into the game room last night...Stan and a friend from the club came over to lift and move it in for me...saved my back from a 4-day recuperation... It's funny how I judge the work by the length of time I estimate it will take my back to feel better...Lucy was insistent that I not lift it...

...I have 4 buckets sitting on a table in the back of the house under the cedars...they will be my summer "pastures" for growing floaters and guppy grass...also going to see how subwassertang does there...I just have to remember to keep water in them!...a lot of people don't think about the desert areas of AZ having mosquitos, but they do!...and they're tiny, nasty. tiny, little biters...so I've put about 10 mosquito fish in each bucket to help keep them in check, and least from my yard!...I HOPE!...I think I'll keep some guppies in the buckets too...

...have fun today, friends!...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It's another rainy miserable day today.  No playing outside for me.  It's almost cool enough for me to turn on the heater.  This after having been in the low 80's earlier in the week.

Ron, I've seen female yellow shrimp with ping pong balls bouncing around but have not seen the first baby shrimp until today.  I wonder what could be happening to them.  All that's in the tank are BN and a few baby mystery snails.

I may put up an other auction for Black Rams.  God knows I have enough of them I need to sell.

Ron, tell your fish store guy $15. each for unsexed young blacks $20. for adults plus shipping.  At this price the minimum order is 12 fish total. 

I paid some bills as well.  I always feel clean when I owe nothing to anybody.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 14, 2021, 12:40:52 PM
It's another rainy miserable day today.  No playing outside for me.  It's almost cool enough for me to turn on the heater.  This after having been in the low 80's earlier in the week.

Ron, I've seen female yellow shrimp with ping pong balls bouncing around but have not seen the first baby shrimp until today.  I wonder what could be happening to them.  All that's in the tank are BN and a few baby mystery snails.

I may put up an other auction for Black Rams.  God knows I have enough of them I need to sell.

Ron, tell your fish store guy $15. each for unsexed young blacks $20. for adults plus shipping.  At this price the minimum order is 12 fish total. 

Liz, I've heard that BNs will eat shrimplets if they catch em.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 14, 2021, 02:11:24 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 14, 2021, 12:40:52 PM

Liz, I've heard that BNs will eat shrimplets if they catch em.
...meant to write this earlier.... I wouldn;t keep the BN in with the shrimp for that very reason...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

OH NO!  I was always told that they were 100% vegetarian.  Now I have to figure out what to do with all these millions of snots I have growing out/  Maybe I can just remove the adults and the young snots will leave them alone.
Always move forward. Never look back.