• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 03:46:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 155
Total: 155

Nicer Tuesday

Started by wsantia1, April 13, 2021, 10:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Greetings everyone. It's a very spring like start to the day with the current temp at 50 and the high temp getting up to 63F under partly cloudy skies.

I am already midway through water changes and have already walked a couple of miles around the park and finished a couple of loads of laundry.

Hopefully I can get my WCs done by noon so I can go out and enjoy the best part of the day here.

Have a great day everyone.

Forgot to mention that I gave Kobe a bath. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning Willie, and the rest of my friends when you appear.  Forgive me for being so lax and not posting for 2 days.  I actually did make a post for Sunday.  I even attached a pic of my rare bird.  Then I forgot to click "post".  Once I realized my mistake I no longer had the desire to say anything. 

It was beautiful both Sunday and Monday but Sunday I had inside stuff to do and yesterday I went to Hattiesburg to pic up meds for little Tink and take flowers to my wonderful friend Twee.  I found out Monday that the government finally stimulated me and she was the one who did my taxes.  My SS check is arriving a week later than most months and pickings were getting too slim for comfort.

Earlier I made a potato salad and put a rub on some ribs to let them sit for a few hours before I popped them in the oven.  I used a different recipe for smoking the ribs in the oven this time.  Last time they were good, but not memorable.  I'm hoping that with this recipe they will be better.  I paid off my credit card and ordered gas.  I was down to running on little more than fumes.  The guy came today rather than Wed that is his usual day for delivery in my area which was not necessary since all I'm using is the oven and hot water heater now, but it was nice.  LP gas is costly right now so I got the minimum amount and will wait until August to fill it slam full.

Once the ribs were in the oven and the gas man left I went out to finish the fencing on my veggie garden so I could get down to planting.    Once I got out there and set up and ready to dig post holes it started thundering and lightening and then started to rain.  I'm not as upset about it as I would normally be because yesterday and today have not been good back days.

What's up with y'all today?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Willie and Liz!  I took a day trip down to Wilmington today, to visit a beautiful garden.  Here is the Bottle Chapel there, the reason I went, to see it.  It is even more beautiful than the ;pics I took in full sun at noon.  The tree is a live oak, over 500 yrs old!  I will go back again when I can ride my scooter all over the garden, it is miles.  Had a great time there even though I was alone. 

Barb

Barb

Bottle Chapel

Barb

back side, open to the sky

wsantia1

Wow Barb, that Bottle Chapel is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Liz, your ribs sound great. I made some over the weekend using some rib rub that I bought at a bbq store a while back. While they were good they weren't as good as I usually make them. The rub was probably too old. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...checking in late here today...I woke up early, 6.30AM, and just got on up and started working on a PowerPoint shrimp keeping presentation that Mike Coleman and I are going to give to the high school marine biol club in a few weeks....

...had lunch with Stan and Barb at the clubhouse and then he and I went to a nearby used book store that is closing and giving away all their books they have left...couldn't find any aquarium books but did get some more field guides and novels and train books for Stan and his model train buddy...

...Painted the back of my 75g and Stan and one of our club members are coming by to move it inside onto the stand...not going to screw up my back again for another 4 days....

...Barb - pretty photos...looks like a place I would enjoy...

...I haven't done ribs in over a year...and even  less chance of that happening now since we got the air fryer...I don't think told you that the knob on it stopped functioning and they sent us a new one...had to wait for it to come from China though!...really!

...that's all folks!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron