• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 12:13:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 167
Total: 168

Cloudy Saturday

Started by wsantia1, April 10, 2021, 11:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. It's been a cloudy day for the most part with the current temp at 61 degrees and the high temp forecasted to be 68F. The rain will stay away until tonight when it will begin to come down steadily through tomorrow evening.

Not much on the agenda today so I'm running some of my Hot Mags on the tanks that I scrubbed clean of brown algae.

Unfortunately brown algae must really like my tap water because the more water changes I do the more brown algae I get. I read that BA loves phosphate and silicon so I should have my tap water tested for that stuff.

Anyway I hope everyone is having a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...hi Willie and the rest as you get here!...

...up early this morning as I took Lucy to be with card-making group all day so I could have the car to do a little LFS-hopping this afernoon...I've been cleaning up this almost new Cascade 1000 canister that came with the 75 I got this week...it appears barely used...also cleaning up the glass tops and stand....it should be ready to paint about now...

...you folks have a wonderful day... 8) 8) 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Hello my friends.  Forgive me for having been lax in posting for the last 2 days.  I have no excuse.  I didn't forget, I just didn't post.

Several days ago we were supposed to have 70 mph wind, tornados and hail.  We got a few minutes of big but hot huge wind, then nothing.  Yesterday they were so instant that we would have dangerous weather that this would be the one that sent me up to Dorothy.  They forecast torrential rain, 80 mph winds, tornados and baseball size hail.  It was supposed to start raining at 1pm and get worse and worse through the afternoon and into the night.  Instead it remained sunny all day.  In the wee hours we had a big wind that didn't last long and very hard rain that lasted an hour or two.  By morning it had stopped.  The sun shining now.  I will no longer pay attention to what the weathermen say.

I have a pair (maybe 2 pairs) of Blue Birds nesting in a 2 story bird house Jack made for me back when I first moved into my new house.  It was beautiful when it was new but now that it has aged it is even more beautiful.  It usually attracts one pair, it would be cool to have 2 pairs in it.

I saw a bird in the platform feeder that is unknown to this area.  It is only on the west coast.  https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Golden-crowned_Sparrow/overview  Seeing it and identifying it means nothing if I can't get a picture of it.  I've been keeping a hawk's eye on that feeder ever since.

I had a hen just up and die this afternoon.  It was in a place the chicken like to congregate sometimes and it was dead, with no marks on it.  Strange.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Willie, Ron and Liz, hope you all are having a good weekend.  It is nice weather here, Liz the weatherman here were also wrong lately, warm and sunny.  Just spending time with my visiting kids.  All is well,  went to visit the wall, then a huge historic gardens open free today, and 2 meals out, no cooking for me today.  Liz maybe that rare bird got blown in by the recent winds, blown from far away perhaps?
Barb

wsantia1

It is a weird day in that it started off cloudy and was supposed to stay that way all day and then suddenly the sun came out around 1 pm and the weather turned beautiful. The weather people should be wrong in this way more often. mim mim mim mim mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...back here again!...

...It was a good day!...I took Lucy to her meeting with the card making gals and she had a ball...I got the canister filter all cleaned up...it looked almost new...then I cleaned the tank stand and painted it...I picked up Stan and we went to a model train hobby shop for him and I found some colorant I might be able to use with my epoxies for dragonstone...we hit 3 LFSs...he got two gold angels and on Bolivian Ram...I picked up the 3 Julidochromis regani I was looking for...then I picked up Lucy and we went to dinner...tonight Stan and Barb came over with the rest of their bloody mary shrimp...he's giving up on shrimp keeping and I'll add the to my group which started from his...I gave him some plants and we're all happy!...

...Liz...are you able to ship your black rams here to AZ?...There is a shop here that is looking for solid black ram supplier...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Yes, Ron.  Let me check with my LPS on a fair wholesale price before I have you give him my contact information.  I'll contact them Monday.  Do you have any idea how many he's interested in?

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 11, 2021, 11:04:20 AM
Yes, Ron.  Let me check with my LPS on a fair wholesale price before I have you give him my contact information.  I'll contact them Monday.  Do you have any idea how many he's interested in?
...no, but I can find out for you...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

That'll help, thanks.  I went to my LPS and they've got a call in to the guy they deal with with this kind of things.  His wholesaler might want them which would save me on having to ship, but since they are wholesalers their price won't be high.