• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 05:16:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 128
Total: 129

Happy Thursday

Started by wsantia1, April 08, 2021, 07:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It is going to be a reasonably good weather day here with the current temp at 49 degrees and the high temp hitting 64F. Sunny skies all day but rain may move in tonight.

I messed up yesterday by not doing my water changes. I started with the fishroom clean up and ended moving about 50 eight foot 2x4s that I had laying in the middle of my fishroom floor.

The wood was for a wall building project that I postponed after I hurt my back. I didn't hurt myself moving that wood yesterday but it did wipe me out and I didn't do anything the rest of the day. I feel good to go today.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

'Morning friends.  The terrible storms and winds never showed up last night.  It rained hard for a bit but then stopped.  The sun is out now.

I killed a bunch of fire ant mounds earler, then ran to the Dollar Store and picked up some potting soil and impatien seeds.  I understand that chickens won't eat impatiens.  I guess I'll find out.  I know I'll have to cover them with chicken wire first of the chickens will scratch them all up even if they don't eat the seedlings.  I have 2 big asparagus ferns and an airplane plant plus to poor peace lily's that Miss Chickie about destroyed when she and they were living in the fish room.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

I just got wonderful news.  I spoke to the head guy at the lawn mower place.  I guess he took pity on me when I was there last and spoke to him.  He found a place where he found parts that he thinks will fit my mower/trimmer.  He has spent time trying to help me out with a mower they wouldn't have even taken in if they'd know parts weren't available.

After I get my stimulus money I will for sure buy my first rider mower from them because they went above and beyond for me.  I need both where I live.  The trimmer mower for the close work and the rider for the big stuff.  I so yearn to get out and push again.  It's the one thing I can do without it hurting. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Good eve friends.  It has been another hot day, and Liz I think we got your winds here in eastern nc.  Very windy this afternoon.  The traveling Viet Nam 3/4 size Viet Nam memorial wall is visiting New Bern for 4 days. It travels the country.  I went to visit it today, all I can say is it is a very moving experience.  I was part of all that from 1970-1973.  Some day I may tell you about some of my experiences in the USAF those years.  But not now.  To see 58,000 names of those who gave the ultimate is just inexplicable.  There is a museum as part of the exhibit, also quite emotional to see those things. 
Barb