• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 09:51:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 144
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 121
Total: 121

Cold and Wet Thursday

Started by wsantia1, April 01, 2021, 06:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. All I can say is that it is still raining and it is cold. It is currently 42 degrees, very windy and our high temp will be 52F. The rain is supposed to stop at around 10 am but it will be a couple of days before we are dried out.

I will be doing my fishroom work and I need to do some work on my shrimp tanks. Thanks to Barbs very hardy Java Moss I am overrun with it in my shrimp tanks. I finally found a plant that I can keep alive. lol

Wishing everyone a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...Sorry you're having such yucky weather, Willie...it's 70 now and going to 90 today with sunny skies here...
...I set up another split 20L on the rack and got what few blue shrimp I have left in one side of it....
...then I cleaned up another 20L and painted the back yesterday, so I'll get it on the rack today...this is the one I'm setting up for the shellies and Julies...aragonite substrate, water and shells go into it today...this weekend or next week I'll pick up the shellies and start hunting for the Julies...
...the next project will be a 75G with Peacock Cichlids in the game room...

..Got a call from  Costco yesterday and my  glasses are ready...gotta  figure out a time to go get them...

.. . we have a Best Buy person coming this morning to outline for us how to  get rid of our dependency  on Dish  TV and just do streaming...the cost of Dish is ridiculous and all they are showing on the channels  that  Lucy likes are reruns...She's the TV addict so we want  to get her  set up right...

...I think that's all for today folks..Happy Thursday! .    8) 8) 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 01, 2021, 09:50:13 AM
...Sorry you're having such yucky weather, Willie...it's 70 now and going to 90 today with sunny skies here...
...I set up another split 20L on the rack and got what few blue shrimp I have left in one side of it....
...then I cleaned up another 20L and painted the back yesterday, so I'll get it on the rack today...this is the one I'm setting up for the shellies and Julies...aragonite substrate, water and shells go into it today...this weekend or next week I'll pick up the shellies and start hunting for the Julies...

..Got a call from  Costco yesterday and my  glasses are ready...gotta  figure out a time to go get them...

.. . we have a Best Buy person coming this morning to outline for us how to  get rid of our dependency  on Dish  TV and just do streaming...the cost of Dish is ridiculous and all they are showing on the channels  that  Lucy likes are reruns...She's the TV addict so we want  to get her  set up right...

Ron what type of rack did you set up for the 20L? Is it an off the shelf rack (Lowes, HD) or something you built?
Willie

Barb

Hi everyone, after yesterday being such a nice wether day, last night and today are not nice at all.  Poured rain all last night, thunder, lightening, cold.  Today has been cold at gray, but at 4pm the sun came out.  Tonight and tomorrow night we go down to 30 here.  I am so worried about all my trees and bushes with their beautiful little pretty green leaves.  They have frozen other years and the 2nd round of leaves they put out are never as good as the first ones.  My pond fish are very confused I think,

My eye exam went fine, all is well with them.  Since my mom is going blind I worry about mine.  Eye doc said mine are good.   He said good diet, good BP and not smoking will really help my eyes.  Got that all covered!

Now I need to do a big clean on my 2 big tanks. 
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on April 01, 2021, 03:28:15 PM
Hi everyone, after yesterday being such a nice wether day, last night and today are not nice at all.  Poured rain all last night, thunder, lightening, cold.  Today has been cold at gray, but at 4pm the sun came out.  Tonight and tomorrow night we go down to 30 here.  I am so worried about all my trees and bushes with their beautiful little pretty green leaves.  They have frozen other years and the 2nd round of leaves they put out are never as good as the first ones.  My pond fish are very confused I think,

My eye exam went fine, all is well with them.  Since my mom is going blind I worry about mine.  Eye doc said mine are good.   He said good diet, good BP and not smoking will really help my eyes.  Got that all covered!

Now I need to do a big clean on my 2 big tanks. 
Barb

Barb that's great news about your eyes. The weather is another story. I'm hoping that when my small cherry tree blossoms the blossoms will last more than the day or two like they did last year because of the crazy wind. Our wind has been gusting up to 40 mph most of the day
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 01, 2021, 12:07:45 PM

Ron what type of rack did you set up for the 20L? Is it an off the shelf rack (Lowes, HD) or something you built?
... I think this was the one I got from Amazon... https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-5-Shelf-Shelving-Unit-Chrome/dp/B01M0A4B9M/ref=sr_1_3?crid=U0QTBJL7DLSZ&dchild=1&keywords=stainless+steel+shelving&qid=1617333690&sprefix=stainless+steel+shel%2Caps%2C229&sr=8-3
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 01, 2021, 10:22:55 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on April 01, 2021, 12:07:45 PM

... I think this was the one I got from Amazon... https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-5-Shelf-Shelving-Unit-Chrome/dp/B01M0A4B9M/ref=sr_1_3?crid=U0QTBJL7DLSZ&dchild=1&keywords=stainless+steel+shelving&qid=1617333690&sprefix=stainless+steel+shel%2Caps%2C229&sr=8-3

Thanks Ron
Willie