• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 05:09:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 168
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 209
Total: 210

Stormy Sunday

Started by wsantia1, March 28, 2021, 07:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I hope you all are feeling well or better today. The rain has just started but we are in for a for a wet and windy day. Temps will get as high as 73 degrees and that's fueling tornado watch/warning talk from the forecasters.

I got my walk around the park in just before the rain started. We will have a dry spell sometime during the day before all of the action really starts.

I have to go to Wally World again this morning. It seem like I've been going there more these days. I need to stop that because there are way too many people in there when I go.

Try to have a safe and dry day everyone.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...82 and sunny today...!
...I was knocked on my butt yesterday with aches...didn't sleep well last night and feel better today, but half speed  wfwf
...not going to do much but sit around...and maybe putz with my dragonstone...
...take care, all...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi Willie and Ron!  Last night between 8 and 9 the bad storm got here.  Thunder and lightening like I haven't seen in awhile, wind, rain too.  I bet that is what is headed to you Willie.  with the warm weather everything is now covered with yellow pollen from the pine trees we have millions of.  I washed my car 2 days ago, it is now a pale yellow instead of dark silver.  Hope you feel better soon Ron.  Take care boys,
Barb

LizStreithorst

Hi my friends,

I wonder if Barb and Willie's storm is the same one that came through here last week.  I was spared the worst but other areas of Mississippi were hit hard and there were deaths 90 miles north of here in Alabama.

I'm the last one to the gettogether today.  I can't say that I've been completely worthless today.  This morning I did a good clean and big WC on my 125 and the 30 used to be the red shrimp tank but is now a pleco grow-out tank.  I did the same on the Betta tanks in the fish room.  But from then to now I've been worthless.  I bought another cigar despite the fact that I'd planned to quit today and I bought some good beer which I'm enjoying.

I have separated 6 pair of Pitch Black Rams.  Several pairs have spawned in harder water so the eggs didn't hatch due either to  too much hardness or the fact that the males are not fertile as soon as the females.  I hope I get some real action next week.  My goal is to develop a line that produces only blacks rather than 1/2 black and half gold.  The parents of the ones I'm working with now produced only blacks but their only kids that have raised kids produced 1/2 and half.  I understand that a guy in South Africa produced a line like that so although it's not straight forward genetically it can be done.

I see that one my long finned albino BN is in the cave guarding a shit load of eggs.  This is the first spawn from these young albino snots and I've been really looking forward to it happening.  Now I need to figure out where to put dad and the cave in a tank where they won't get eaten.  I have several choices.  None are ideal but all would work.

I have another clutch of Mystery Snails coming from the guy I got my last clutch from.  The mom is an Ivory and the dad is either another Ivory or one strains that has a black foot.  I really need another 5 gallon tank to hatch them out in.

Time now for WC in the fish room.  See y'all tomorrow after my second Covid shot.

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good luck with your Covid shot Liz. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Thanks Willie.  I have planned the week so that if I feel miserable I'll be able to spend the day in bed.  If I'm not miserable I have plenty of things I can do,
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...as the day went on I got much better...even was doing a bunch of stuff throughout the day...hope you don't have as much aching as I did, Liz...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron