• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 05:06:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 195
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 162
Total: 163

Beautiful Friday

Started by wsantia1, March 26, 2021, 01:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. It is a warm and sunny day here with the temp currently at 82 degrees even with a steady wind gusting up to 40 mph. Our record high for this date is 83 degrees. We may get there.

I've finished my water changes and now I am getting ready to sit out on the front porch. Tomorrow won't be as warm as today but it will be a lot less windy.

Hopefully everyone is having  great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I Willie.  It's really nice here, too.  It's overcast but the rain and humidity is gone and the temp is just right for wearing shorts and a T shirt.  They say thunder storms later to day and occasionally for the next several days.

My is not good today, but I had 3 dogs booked so I sucked it up and did them.  With all the rain we've had and will have today was the only good day for folks.

I bought another clutch of Mystery Snails.  The mother is an Ivory and the father is a blue.  These Mystery Snails are a kick watching the babies hatch and grow.  The pet store will buy as many as I can produce.

I can't believe how good my horse is doing since the new farrier trimmed her feet.  The old lady goes galloping up and down the pasture like a 3 year old every day or so.  She's doing it just for the joy of running.  It's been a long time since I've seen her run for the fun of it.  I've been working on getting out all her winter undercoat.  Dang that horse can shed like you wouldn't believe.  I clipped her a small bridal path and pulled her mane.  She looks good.  I want a hot dry day so I can give her a bath.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Well, I'll be damned!  An old customer from back when I had my shop called for an appointment.  I've gotten a few new customers lately through word of mouth or because although I live 20 miles from them.  They remember me giving the dog the best hair cut it has ever had.  When people say that it totally makes my day.  He's coming tomorrow at 10. 

Most of my customers are either old and die or their dog is old and dies.  It's good to get more business despite the fact that folks have to drive way out in the sticks to get to me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...Yes, Liz, it is good to get new business...helps keep the pipeline full, so to speak ;) ...
...Willie, hope you enjoyed that warm front porch sun... 8)
...gloomy and windy here today...spitting rain from time to time...temp is 61...
...pulled some plants for my eBay friend who's coming later today to pick them up...
...just got back a little while ago from our second Covid vax...waiting for symptoms now...
...made a quick errand run this morning and stopped by the herbal store...
...might go back and do a little dragonstone in a few...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Good evening, I have been busy working outside, finally some warm weather, it got up to 80.  I pulled a million weeds, good thing I like doing it.  My clean pond is great and the fish are very active now,  fed them this morning and they ate it like starving animals would.  Every time I walked by the pond there they were begging for more.  They will do this until next Oct.

Sounds like you all had a good day, hope for the same this weekend for us all.
Barb