• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 02:48:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 252
Total: 252

Rainy Hump Day

Started by wsantia1, March 24, 2021, 08:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I'm sitting here waiting for the rain to come through but so far it's only been foggy and cloudy. When the rain does start it's supposed to come down steadily for the rest of the day.

I'm supposed to do my water changes today but I may wait until I take a nap before I start. I woke up at 1 am and did not fall back asleep until 4 am so I got around four hours of sleep last night.

I usually need about 6 hours of sleep to recharge. We'll see how this day goes for me.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...hello...missed you here yesterday...the day must got away...
...I moved the 20L with the 3 pea puffers from the game room to the fish room...did a WC on the tetra/ras tank...sold the most recent dragonstone to the fella that custom ordered it...(he said he wants to get one for his 40B he's going to set up in a month or so)...and cleaned up a little in the fish room...

...today?...I go do maintenance on my customer's tank and then hit Costco...we try not to go there on weekends...it's bad enough during the week with all these old retired people down here during the winter! :D :D :D ....and it's not much better in the summer either...and, then, if I have time, I need to repair a chair for our game room table...

Have a good day you guys and gals...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Good day Willie, Ron and Liz, also rainy and cloudy here, but warm at 68.  More rain coming too.  I know in Aug, when it is dry here I will wish for rain.  But we sure have enough here to last awhile.

I just found out that my pregnant neice her husband and their 3 kids all have been closely exposed to Covid, since the 5 yr old is sick with it now.  And their grandma, my SIL, elderly, had them all at her house two days ago when the 5 yr old was sick.  She has had 1 shot so far, 2 weeks ago.  Nobody else with the shot yet there.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon friends.

I shipped off my last box of the week today.  I won't list more auctions till Monday after I have my second Covid shot.  Since I had side effects for the first one I won't be schedule anything for a couple of days after my second. 

Barb, that's bad news about your SIL and her family.  Thank God she had her first shot.  She should have a good bit of immunity built up by now.  Let us know how things go for them.  While I was at the PO I picked up a bubble envelope for your seeds.  If it's not raining buckets I'll get them sent out tomorrow.

I picked up my meds for Tink at the vet, gave away 5 dozen eggs to the employees and got a hug from Lowell, my large animal vet.  I learned so much from him while I had my shop there.  He tells everything that all he knows about goats he learned from me.  We have such a warm relationship.

I took some red rilli shrimp and my tax stuff to Twee at the pet store.  She's another one who loves me and I love her back.  She offered to do my taxes for me so I can get my last 2 stimulus checks.  It's am embarrassing fact of life that I'm to informant to do them myself.  Numbers make my head swim and when my head swims I can't even understand written instructions.  When I was working I paid my CPA to do it. 

Since Twee and I tell things to each other that we don't tell to most people.  With the deaths of all those Asian women discriminations against Asians has been on my mind.  I asked her if she had experienced it.  She and Ken did when they first opened the business in 2000.  She said her parents had a very hard time when they emigrated. Twee, who was born here, said that she was so poor growing up that she didn't get her first new pair of shoes until she was 11.  She had to wear her younger brother's under ware when they outgrew them.  Imagine that!

Well, I guess I'll send the fish customer his tracking number and then feed the chickens their daily treat.  They missed it yesterday because it never stopped raining all day long.

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Barb sorry to here about your SIL and her family with the Covid exposure. Like Liz said your SIL should have some immunity built up. Keep us posted I'm curious about the level of protection from the shots. New Jersey has taken over first place in new infections but they are one of the leading states in vaccinated people.

It's still raining pretty heavy here. It's supposed to stop around 9:00 pm and by then I hope I am sound asleep. I have to make for up last night when I got very little sleep..
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.