• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 03:10:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 128
Total: 128

Nice Hump Day

Started by wsantia1, March 03, 2021, 08:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. We are in for a nice sunny and mild Hump day with our high getting up to 53 degrees and no precip.

I did most of my fishroom work yesterday so today will be just a day to run a couple of errands and then relax.

I hope you guys have a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning Willie.  It's nice and sunny here as well today.  It will be in the 60's.

My big news is that my lights arrived already.  Also, 2 more auctions sold which is a blessing.  Look at the difference in my Discus tank between the old fluorescents and my new Finnex Vivid.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...real nice, Liz..

...nothing going on today except trying to get a plumber here to replace my sediment filter on our water line going into the house...

...will do a water change later...and work on some dragonstone...latest one is attached...I would have preferred he not have the distracting elements behind it, but it is his tank...also it was meant for the 2 pieces to be closer together to eliminate the gap in the middle, but it is his tank!..
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Those are very impressive, and I agree they should butt up against one another for the best effect.

Barb

Hi Willie, Liz and Ron.  Willie you have better weather up there than here.  Just cloudy and cool, no sun again.  Liz those new lights are beautiful!  What a difference.  Reminds me of how jewelry stores use special great lights to make all the gold and diamonds really sparkle.  Ron, great work!!  Now he needs some plants with the rockwork.  I have been painting pictures today.  My new hobby.
Barb

wsantia1

Liz, those lights make quite a difference. Great purchase.  Ron, that's great work on that dragonstone. Your client should be very happy.  Barb today will be the best day of the week as far as temps but we will have nothing but sunshine for about a week. Coloring is relaxing. If I didn't have enough hobbies already....
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Poor Barb has had too much rain. All that darkness to the sky that comes with rain gets depressing.  It's about all Barb has had for it seems like ever. 

I should have either removed that huge hunk of driftwood that will take until hell freezes over to sink.  The tank would have been brighter without the wood under it.  I'm really delighted with the lights.  I put one on my planted mostly ram tank.  Damn, even the plants glisten.  The 125 rainbow fish tank already had one.  The 4' light didn't cover the 6' tank.  I added another.  Another transformation.  I'm so happy that I squandered my money on lights rather than spending it on something "more important".