• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 02:21:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 198
Total: 198

Tuesday it is!

Started by Ron Sower, March 02, 2021, 11:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...Hello folks!...

...missed the daily chat here yesterday...looks like all are doing okay, though....

...we're going back into the mid 70s today...good weather for me to work on the next dragonstone project...the most recent one is gone now...he picked it up yesterday and even tipped me $15...!! |^| |^| |^|...this next one is going to be similar in size and design...large piece with 2-3 sections to fit it through the top of their acrylic tank top openings....when I make these "articulated" types, I usually make them so they can change the positioning of the pieces to vary the appearance of the tank if they want to make changes...it's a challenge for me to get them so they work in several different positions, but it's a challenge I like...

...looks like I may have an issue with a sediment filter on our waterline coming into our house...water is seeping out of the top and the water in the filter canister is brown...there has been some work done on our section of the water lines in the park, so I'll bet the filter is clogged...time to get it fixed...

...overdue for a WC on the Congo tank...Maybe i can get to that after I figure this water filter thing out!..

...Y'all have a nice day now...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon friends.  It's a cold wet day today.  I was just getting used to Spring and now I'm back to being cold all the time.  I'm in a good mood despite the weather.

My lights will be here tomorrow.  I can't wait to toss out these old fluorescents I hate and put the cheap LED's in storage.  Once you've seen what a difference high quality lights make, you're hooked.

I'm not low on animal feed but since I'm low on money I went to the feed store to stock up.  200 lbs for the horse and 50 lbs for the dogs.  A Corner Market was near buy which saved me a trip to Ellisville.  Nice store.  I was impressed.  This was not a new store but it was spotless.  Even the rubber on the check out's conveyer belts shined. 

We had the last invasion of the Cedar Wax Wings.  I won't see them again until this time next year.  Sometimes they come as early as November but more often it's February.  March is quite late IME.

Since it's not a nice day, I think I'll spend the rest of it reading in the fish room. 

Be happy 'Wumpers.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hi everyone. It is a sunny but cold and windy day here. We are in for a stretch if good weather but we have to get through this cold spell first. The ten day forecast has a lot of sun and some 60 degree temps so I will be looking forward to that.

I spent the morning doing water changes and now I'm just relaxing a bit before I run a couple of errands. I also have to stop at Wally World which is not my favorite thing to do.

Have a great rest of the day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

A good thing happened that I was not expecting this soon.  Humana is supposed to send my meds in the mail.  The Tramadol only comes monthly because it's restricted.  I'm supposed to take 3 daily and I took my last one Sunday at noon.  I called the Humana pharmacy Monday morning and told the lady that the Dr. refilled it last month and the script is good for 3 months.  She checked and told me that it would go out that day.  Lo and behold, although my drugs generally come in the mail, UPS showed up just now with my Tramadol.  I've been getting by without, but it sure does help when it comes to putting the pain in the background rather than the foreground where it has been today.

Also, I just checked FedEx tracking and my lights are in Olive Branch MS. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi everybody, late here today,  not much to talk about, just helping my mom some more, almost daily now.  Cool and dark today, but no rain.  You all have a good rest of the day!
Barb