• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:03:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 140
Total: 140

Sunny Saturday

Started by Barb, February 27, 2021, 05:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi folks, at least it is starting out sunny at 7am.  Hope it lasts, we haven't had much sun lately.  I plan a picnic in my car down by the river for lunch today. Did I ever tell you all that the Neuse river that runs through our little city, next to it, is almost 2 miles across?  It is 35 miles from the ocean where it enters.  We have several parks by the river, I go to the biggest and best where I can park right next to the water, lots of ducks, seagulls, geese, pigeons and little birds feast on the foods people throw out for them.  Fun to watch.  Hope you all have a nice weekend.
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. Bar, that sounds like a very nice river you guys have going through New Bern. I'm not too far from the Chesapeake and Delaware rivers. The Rehoboth beach on the Atlantic Ocean is nearby also.

It's raining to start the day off but it is supposed to stop around 1 pm and the sun is supposed to come out. If the sun does show up we may hit 60 degrees. Spring is trying to break through.

I'm just hanging out around the house today. No real agenda items today.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Hi everyone.  It will get close to 80 today and I'm just enjoying my lazy old self. 

I finally made my nutella brownies yesterday and took some with a dozen and a half eggs to Twee.  We always have a lovely chat when she's there.  She wants the Brownie recipe.  She went to the back and returned with a bag full of T-shirts for me.  She said that the companies they order from send T shirts to them for free and she offered me all the small ones.  Wasn't that thoughtful?  She acted like she was a bit fearful that I would think that she thought that I needed clothes which is silly and not true.

A customer gave them some black mystery snails for free and she asked if I wanted her to scoop some out for me.  Lovely of her to offer, but I'm hung up on the magenta ones.  I've bought several from a guy on AB but they live for a while and then die.  I can't figure it out. 

While I was there I spied a beautiful big piece of spider wood.   I asked how much and she what ever it says on the tag it's half of that.  So I have something with a lot of visual interest to put in my 100 gallon with my adult Discus.

I think I'll go give the chickens their daily treat.  Today along with the scratch and live meal worm I think I'll chop up an apple for them.  My chickens have the life...
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 27, 2021, 01:37:16 PM
Hi everyone.  It will get close to 80 today and I'm just enjoying my lazy old self. 

I finally made my nutella brownies yesterday and took some with a dozen and a half eggs to Twee.  We always have a lovely chat when she's there.  She wants the Brownie recipe.  She went to the back and returned with a bag full of T-shirts for me.  She said that the companies they order from send T shirts to them for free and she offered me all the small ones.  Wasn't that thoughtful?  She acted like she was a bit fearful that I would think that she thought that I needed clothes which is silly and not true.

A customer gave them some black mystery snails for free and she asked if I wanted her to scoop some out for me.  Lovely of her to offer, but I'm hung up on the magenta ones.  I've bought several from a guy on AB but they live for a while and then die.  I can't figure it out. 

While I was there I spied a beautiful big piece of spider wood.   I asked how much and she what ever it says on the tag it's half of that.  So I have something with a lot of visual interest to put in my 100 gallon with my adult Discus.

I think I'll go give the chickens their daily treat.  Today along with the scratch and live meal worm I think I'll chop up an apple for them.  My chickens have the life...
...pics please!... :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...appears that all of us had nice times today... we were in the high 60s or so...didn't really check it out...

....I finally got to the lights In Lucy's craft room...at least got two of them up...still have one more and then to run some of the decorative wire channel on them...after that I worked on my dragonstone that I'm trying to finish...tried a different technique with the adhesive I use today...I'll know tomorrow if it is going to work for me...It's fun to try new stuff and incorporate in my methods if it works....

...stayed up last night reading and almost finished my current book...went to bed at 1:30!...got up this morning at 8 and began reading it until I finished it...!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Here you go, Ron.  The plants are on other pieces of wood.  The one I got from Ken and Twee is the big hunk in the middle.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...cool...and the fish look nice too!...bet they're saying, "Home Sweet Home" since you put the wood in!!! ;D ;D ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron